Notices
Appearance Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

Aluminum Rear Window Louvers

Old 01-09-2010, 06:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aluminum Rear Window Louvers

With all the aftermarket parts available for the new Challenger it is so easy to make your ride stand out from the pack. I decided to take the plunge and set my Challenger apart from other Brilliant Black SRT's running around by adding rear window louvers. And, not the cheap ABS plastic ones being offered on many sites, but real aluminum louvers. These louvers are from Limited Parts Industries in Canada and are patterned after the originals offered in 1970 (A44 coded option), but make to fit the new Challenger perfectly. They have the same aluminum strap hinges and bottom pin mounting system as the originals, so that they can be lifted up to easily clean the rear window. Plus they offer two installation methods...Bolted as the originals or Taped using 3M auto tape. I chose to use the tape, and trust me they are not going anywhere.
The Cost is $1,200.00..which at first may seem high....but for what you are getting, trust me...they are well worth the price....
AND, if anyone is interested in a set, check out their site then PM me and I can get you free shipping on your louvers, which will save you several hundred at the very least.
I 'am working with the company to get the word out on their product, and in fact when you checkout their website...low and behold you will see two pictures of my Challenger!
If you really want to set your Challenger apart and want to do it with louvers...these are the ones you want! Not some cheap-o plastic set that will warp with time....After all your Challenger deserves the best.
Check out their web site for additional information and pictures...www.limitedparts.ca
Attached Thumbnails louvers2.jpg   louvers5.jpg   louvers3.jpg  
Old 01-11-2010, 02:30 AM

I dunno, Joe. These cars are hard enough to see out of the back anyway. What do the louvers do to your vision?
Old 01-11-2010, 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by RoswellGrey
I dunno, Joe. These cars are hard enough to see out of the back anyway. What do the louvers do to your vision?
Actually there is no change at all.....
All you see are some thin black lines running across the back window. See picture.
(By the way, the two pictures of the Black SRT on their web site are of my SRT with the louvers installed.....check it out)
Attached Thumbnails img_0072.jpg  
Old 01-12-2010, 02:33 AM

That's a lot better than I thought it would be, Joe.
Old 01-12-2010, 06:32 PM

Default Aluminum window louvers

Ya talked me into them Joe--I ordered mine today--Cfan
Old 01-13-2010, 04:51 AM

Great. You will love them....
Did you remember to send them the Discount code for free shipping.............
Old 01-13-2010, 01:27 PM

Heck Joe--I didn't have to--you have so much CLOUT there--they said you already told them I was going to order and said I was good to go. Thanks big cheese--cfan
Old 01-14-2010, 12:23 PM

Thanks for the kind words....not a "Big Cheese", just a little mouse trying to get the word out for the folks at Limited Parts. They are super and very proud of their product.....
Be sure and post pictures of your Challenger when you get the louvers mounted.....
Old 01-14-2010, 03:10 PM
Super Moderator

I am not a fan of the louvers as they remind me of the older Mustangs
that had them. But then I like the new Challenger scoop on the appearance package and many do not like that.

How does that saying go, " To each his own".

Either way, congrats on a Challenger that stands from the rest.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.