Notices
Appearance Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

Convertible?

Old 03-01-2007, 06:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Convertible?

The only reason why I think that they would not make a cuda model instead of a kit of some kind is that it may cannibalize challenger sales. But, if the challenger base model (goes with the cheap price of plymouth) or "dayonta level" was made into a cuda complete with plymouth badges and slightly different body panels, they could kill two birds with one stone.
Old 03-01-2007, 08:20 PM

ORIGINAL: joeyr

The only reason why I think that they would not make a cuda model instead of a kit of some kind is that it may cannibalize challenger sales. But, if the challenger base model (goes with the cheap price of plymouth) or "dayonta level" was made into a cuda complete with plymouth badges and slightly different body panels, they could kill two birds with one stone.
I think along the lines like GM had the Camaro and Firebird and no matter which one u bought in the long run the money still went to the same place.
Old 03-01-2007, 09:13 PM

ORIGINAL: RLSH700

The Challenger warrants a convertible, not offering one would be a big mistake. If the PT Cruiser has one, then the Challenger should have one.

I'd say if the Chrysler division would end their stupid strategy of cheapness and rid itself of the Plymouth line-up (PT Cruiser, non C models of the 300, base and Touring levels of the Sebring, non-luxury levels of the Town & Country, etc.) and return those to their rightful owner to revive Plymouth, a Cuda would be the perfect addition as long as it competes as a Plymouth is supposed to (ultimate discount performance no flashy stuff like leather and such).

Plymouth would be successful again because its legendary muscle car would be back to identify the brand with, but since I know that reviving Plymouth is about as likely as me running DCX, I hope Chrysler will consider adding the Cuda to its line-up, but I'm not going to hold my breath.
RLSH, U have my vote for CEO of DCX and my undieing loyalty. lol
Old 03-01-2007, 11:04 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: ED1971PA

RLSH, U have my vote for CEO of DCX and my undieing loyalty. lol
lol! Well thank you ED1971PA. You're too kind.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 03-02-2007, 12:02 AM

Ditto!, just please no more dr Z. commericals.
Old 03-02-2007, 12:06 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: joeyr

Ditto!, just please no more dr Z. commericals.
Thank you. I'm not sure that I could make that promise. What I could promise you is if that happened, it would be made for all Chrysler fans who hated those commercials. I would make a parody of 1984, having Dr. Z ranting and raving on in German. Hitting a podium with the ends of his moustache shaved and his small moustache would be dyed black. He would stop when he saw a Dodge Power Wagon painted in the form of the American Flag, HEMI rumbling. Right before the Power Wagon ran through the screen he would say in a frightened voice, "Ack zoot! Ze HEMI Pover Vagon!" After the screen would be destroyed, I would exit the Power Wagon and saying something along the following lines. "Dr. Z tyrannical reign over Chrysler is over. Chrysler for now on will be taking back the American Way of making cars. Hi, I'm CEO RLSH700 of the revived Chrysler Corporation. Taking the Daimler out of company known formerly as DaimlerChrysler."

That would be the only case where you would see Dr. Z if I was in charge, no more of this "Ze best of American und German engineering" crap. On the other hand, I might use that slogan for Mercedes for the SUV models based off of the Grand Cherokee. I probably wouldn't, but it would be funny to propose that to the arrogant executives of Mercedes. The looks that would be on there face would be priceless.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 03-05-2007, 02:20 AM

plz.. god....

let there be a new challenger convertible

kthx
Old 09-13-2007, 10:42 PM

I bet a convertible SRT would be hot.
Old 09-17-2007, 10:01 AM

Does anybody have a picture of what a convertible would look like?
Old 09-17-2007, 10:04 AM

Got this pic here.

[IMG]local://upfiles/9/D76F227C358A4346AC3CE0E8513DDC78.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: Convertible?