Notices
Appearance Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

Front License Plate

Old 05-24-2008, 12:18 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Front License Plate

If is like Mustang, it will have very small holes. I will use very small stainless steel screws that are the same size so as to not make the hole larger.

I certainly do not want to get stopped in the great state of Texas. Texas Trooper have an enormous amount of legal power when they stop someone.

I do not want to get stopped for something like not having a license plate.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 05-24-2008, 12:50 PM

Even worse, Jeremiah, would be getting stopped by the Alamo Heights Police Department. It's a tiny enclave entirely surrounded by San Antonio. The police there now use Chargers, apparently for high-speed chases across their sprawling metropolis. I have to go through there at night on the way home. Need I say more?
Old 05-24-2008, 01:18 PM

How would a license plate look if the paint was sand-blasted off it?

I having a problem conforming to silly rules. I have never been pulled over driving in reverse.
Old 05-24-2008, 01:31 PM
Super Moderator

I having a problem conforming to silly rules.
Jails are full of people like that.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 06-18-2008, 03:44 AM

ORIGINAL: RoswellGrey

BootCamp, you truly are a man of strong convictions unfortunately, those convictions can get you convicted!

Being a law-abiding citizen of the Republic of Tex... er.... STATE of Texas, I'll have my front license plate properly mounted, thank you very much.
I have been driving my Texas Solstice for two years with no front license plate and have never encountered a problem. My feeling is that it just detracts from the look of the car and I will not mount a front plate on my '09 Challenger either.
Do an informal survey sometime of the cars (and trucks) on the road and you may be surprised to find out how many do not have a front plate.
Old 06-18-2008, 05:52 AM

Here in the so-so State of confusion...er, Illinois a front bracket is required. If stopped, a warning ticket is issued and you have 30 days to fix it or the real ticket becomes a ticket. Not sure the cost thought. Wifes 06 'Stang GT did not come equiped with a bracket nor holes for one, she got a fix it ticket roughtly two months after buying the car. Dealer fixed her up with the bracket, ticket fixed. I agree that bracket takes away from the looks of the car but bucking some of these New Centurions playing traffic enforcement is really not a good idea around here. Wife got a speeding ticket with the 'Stang, she was going 27 in a 25, cost $140 bucks...cannot imagine the cost for a missing license bracket!
Old 06-18-2008, 08:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No front tag or emissions required in good old SC. I really don't see a value in a front license plate and a gain it does detract from the looks. Time for a little protesting of questionable laws. I'm not a law breaker by habit, but as some have put it, this might be a cause I would rail against. If someone would give me a good reason to put one in front and allow me to know why they require it... I would be better able to see their point.
Old 06-19-2008, 06:00 AM
Super Moderator

quote:

I having a problem conforming to silly rules.

Jails are full of people like that.
Good one, Jermiah.

Old 07-09-2008, 07:20 PM

Anyone know if they are coming out with a bumper with the mount on it, to buy. the velcrow idea sounds good!! sure as hell dont want to drill holes on my car
Old 07-09-2008, 07:30 PM

3M makes a spray adhesive SUPER 77...spray a dab on bumper and a dab on plate..stuff is like super glue....I know it works good cause it is illegal in Cali.

Quick Reply: Front License Plate