Notices
Appearance Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

Front License Plate

Old 09-12-2008, 05:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Front License Plate

Not a problem....we used 2 - 12" tie straps...or what other people may refer to as black plastic zip strips. We had to drill 2 additional holes in the back of the actual license plate bracket about 3/4" down from each of the top holes to be able to bring the strap back through to connect the ends. We then put the smaller end of the zip strip through the top hole of the bracket, because the bigger end won't fit through...you then have to weave the strip through the actual grill...pull it through the bottom hole and attach it to the other end, then tighten it. Note, we made sure to tighten it to were the ends were in the hole indentation so you can slide the plate up into the bracket without them interfering. Another note to make it a little easier...it's hard to get your fingers in the bottom grill to weave the zip strip...we ended up tieing a piece of string to the end of the strip to pull it back through. Once we got both sides through...we pulled both sides as tight as possible with the ends in the hole indentation...cut the extra strip off...and it doesn't move a bit! I'm pretty anal...so I also took some 3M weather strip tape that is back and foam....put it around the bottom part in the center were it meets the bottom spoiler to insure no rubbing would happen.

Hopefully I explained this ok...it's kind of hard to explain....let me know if you need any other info!
Old 09-13-2008, 01:08 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Front License Plate

I am sure about the Challenger but the Mustang comes with very small holes. If the Challenger has the same holes for front plates, I will get some very small stainless steel screws and nuts with a wash so the holes never gets larger like when you use standard self tapping screws for plates.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.