Notices
Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Audio? How about radio delete?

Old 07-20-2006, 04:42 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Audio? How about radio delete?

ORIGINAL: TeeWJay426

Gotta have good tunes. Infinity CD system is a must!
I also agree! I think it would be great if they could make a retro design head unit with modern day technology.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 07-24-2006, 04:41 PM

It really doesnt matter to me whats in it from the factory, because it wont be in there for long....
Old 07-24-2006, 06:03 PM

Yeah, that is the way I am. I would get the basic system, and replace it. I just did my mustang. I am sure nothing compared to your systems habeba, but works for me. I will post pics later.
Right now I have the stock HU.

Infinity Basslink II 250Wrms amped sub w/ the 4sc module installed that is 4 channel 50Wrms
4 Infinity Kappa682.7CF 6x8's.
Harman Kardan IPOD Drive and Play.
PIE aux rca input for HK Drive and Play.
I used the Pep Boys Lightning cable kit to hook the amp up and speaker wire

All cost me around $400.

It sounds pretty good for me. I still am in the process of getting the gains just right, and crossover just right on the sub.

I am going to see how this all works once adjusted and make the decision of a cleansweep, or something similar to it.
Old 07-24-2006, 09:42 PM
Super Moderator

TechmanBD.....when you say cleansweep are you talking about sweeping your car with pink noise and calibrating
the different frequencies with a 1/3 octave equalizer or did I read more into it and got geeky.

I had done that in my last Dodge Caravan and the sound was clean, and had a deep tight bass. The highs were highs and the lows were lows.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 07-24-2006, 09:50 PM

ORIGINAL: Jeremiah 29:11

TechmanBD.....when you say cleansweep are you talking about sweeping your car with pink noise and calibrating
the different frequencies with a 1/3 octave equalizer or did I read more into it and got geeky.

I had done that in my last Dodge Caravan and the sound was clean, and had a deep tight bass. The highs were highs and the lows were lows.
No, the cleansweep is made by JL, it is a signal processor to add to the output of the OEM stereos, in flatens the EQ and the adjusts the EQ to the way you want it. Then has rca low outputs you put to the amps. It is suppose to make the ability to keep the stock stereo and have a clean sound of an aftermarket HU.
Old 07-25-2006, 01:48 PM
Super Moderator

How well do these head units last, TechmanBD?

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 08-21-2006, 01:19 AM

[size=3][font="Arial"][size=3]
I don't care what comes in the car as long as I can put in my DVD-A player.
That way I can listen to my 1 off "Dark Side of the Moon" 4.1 surround sound DVD-A disc. 96/24 High Rez.
Not The SACD/MC. Version.[&o]
But the Original Alan Parsons 4.0 QUAD Remasterted for DVD-A Audio.
Not available to the general public I may add![sm=sorry.gif]
Then blow off their doors.[sm=massbounce.gif]
Old 08-23-2006, 11:20 PM

It might not be as loud as I would want it lol but I bet it sounds good tho!!
ORIGINAL: TechmanBD

Yeah, that is the way I am. I would get the basic system, and replace it. I just did my mustang. I am sure nothing compared to your systems habeba, but works for me. I will post pics later.
Right now I have the stock HU.

Infinity Basslink II 250Wrms amped sub w/ the 4sc module installed that is 4 channel 50Wrms
4 Infinity Kappa682.7CF 6x8's.
Harman Kardan IPOD Drive and Play.
PIE aux rca input for HK Drive and Play.
I used the Pep Boys Lightning cable kit to hook the amp up and speaker wire

All cost me around $400.

It sounds pretty good for me. I still am in the process of getting the gains just right, and crossover just right on the sub.

I am going to see how this all works once adjusted and make the decision of a cleansweep, or something similar to it.
Old 08-24-2006, 06:03 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: TechmanBD

ORIGINAL: Jeremiah 29:11

No, the cleansweep is made by JL, it is a signal processor to add to the output of the OEM stereos, in flatens the EQ and the adjusts the EQ to the way you want it. Then has rca low outputs you put to the amps. It is suppose to make the ability to keep the stock stereo and have a clean sound of an aftermarket HU.
Keep in mind that yes the cleansweep may be able to flat it out, but can only process what it sees and if the factory radio can only output certain frequencies then the Cleansweep can't make up frequencies it does not see or hear. It can do the best it can by what it hears and compensate for it.

Also know that flattening an EQ is not a good thing due to differences in electronics, speaker, room acoustics (including road noise), and oh by the way our ears. Look at Fletcher–Munson curves and you will know what I am talking about. Those curves basically show that at different frequencies our ears have different loudness contours.

What I am saying is if you want the look get a Cleansweep, but if you want the sound get a new head unit with low outputs or better yet digital outs either coax or optical. More and more auto radios have optical outs.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 08-24-2006, 06:20 PM

Once I can, I have decided not to go the cleansweep route. I am going to get a better HU. Kenwood with HD tuner and the Kenwood Ipod controller. And put the HK Ipod controller back into the truck. But I want to see what the true stereo system will look like in teh Challenger, so what ever HU I buy, I can pull it out and put teh stock back in teh Mustang, and be able to use it on the Challenger.

The system I have in now sounds good, but definatley need a better HU.

Quick Reply: Audio? How about radio delete?