Notices
Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

new my gig version out-iphone users checkit

Old 09-04-2008, 10:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new my gig version out-iphone users checkit

if you guys want me to post the update let me know. its easy. takes about 15 mnutes.

got better iphone support too.
Old 09-04-2008, 10:52 AM

Default RE: new my gig version out-iphone users checkit

Trev,
Please post!
Old 09-04-2008, 06:12 PM

Yes TREV, please post it. Or give us a link to download it. I think the current version is pretty lame. By the way 03HDFB, I really like the side stripe on your silver challenger...
Old 09-05-2008, 07:27 AM

ORIGINAL: Colorancher

Yes TREV, please post it. Or give us a link to download it. I think the current version is pretty lame. By the way 03HDFB, I really like the side stripe on your silver challenger...

Colorancher Thanks,
What have you done with your car?
Old 09-05-2008, 05:56 PM

I have the CAI, upgraded floor mats, sill plates and cover. I want to leave the exterior stock, at least for now. One bad thing, though. I have to put a front plate on mine here in Colorado.[:'(]
Old 09-05-2008, 08:06 PM

ORIGINAL: Colorancher

I have the CAI, upgraded floor mats, sill plates and cover. I want to leave the exterior stock, at least for now. One bad thing, though. I have to put a front plate on mine here in Colorado.[:'(]
I have given a lot of thought and consideration to the front plate dilema. I understand the code in Washington state is simply that it must be visibly displayed on the front of the vehicle. I believe there is no mandate as to the height off the ground or anything so I figure the windshield is the most appropriate location. I do not want to risk damage to the dash from the sharp edges of the plate... nor do I want to try to prop it up precariously with some sort of stand.

Suction cups... you know... those little clear suction cups with the knob on the back and a little hook attached over the knob. I removed the hook and inserted the knob into the mounting holes (used four suction cups) of the plate and now I can just stick that thing up in he window and easily remove it and slide it under the seat at will.

Wife insists I leave it under the seat until I get pulled over though... assures me I will get a warning at most and will not serve any time... we shall see...

Old 09-05-2008, 08:44 PM
Super Moderator

You could always get the suction cups and bracket for the windshield, and put it under your seat. When you get pulled over, as you're getting your registration out of the glove box and before he walks up to ya, reach under the seat and place it on the passenger side floor board with bracket and suction cups seen (make sure their are suction cup marks on the windshield) then just say, it just fell off while I was driving down the road, see? you can even see where the suction cups mark were?

Then you're clear!

Of course, doesn't it seem odd that states haven't stepped into this century? Why don't they offer printed out PVC (think fat head material) adhesive plates that have enough contrast to make out the numbers, but enough flexibility to where the tag doesn't destroy the aesthetics?

Old 09-05-2008, 08:52 PM

Who you callin a fat head??? [:@]
Old 09-05-2008, 08:57 PM

ORIGINAL: DSkippy

You could always get the suction cups and bracket for the windshield, and put it under your seat. When you get pulled over, as you're getting your registration out of the glove box and before he walks up to ya, reach under the seat and place it on the passenger side floor board with bracket and suction cups seen (make sure their are suction cup marks on the windshield) then just say, it just fell off while I was driving down the road, see? you can even see where the suction cups mark were?

Then you're clear!

Of course, doesn't it seem odd that states haven't stepped into this century? Why don't they offer printed out PVC (think fat head material) adhesive plates that have enough contrast to make out the numbers, but enough flexibility to where the tag doesn't destroy the aesthetics?
I dont think I have come across too many dumb or niave cops though... most are pretty on the ball and very observant.

As for asthetically pleasing... what is the purpose of a front plate anyway??

And if they wanted couldnt they just chip the car and pick up the signal with a reader that sends it to the info banks and displays everything on thier laptop?
Old 09-05-2008, 09:03 PM
Super Moderator

You're right about cops being astute. That's why I tend to level with them and get warning more than tickets (not that I have tons).

The RFID idea is cool, w/ one caveat of course, the tag is for Johnny citizen to say "I saw the tag and it was ......" , low tech sometimes is better.

Of course how many people see the front and can't see the back? I agree why a front to begin with, I'm sure there's a night of google to find that answer in history!

Quick Reply: new my gig version out-iphone users checkit