Notices
Challenger News This section is only for articles pertaining to, or containing information about the new Dodge Challenger.

2008 Dodge Challenger Cometh

Old 12-08-2007, 08:15 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 Dodge Challenger Cometh

Looks like we may have some defectors soon! Eh, Albeeno?

http://www.themustangnews.com/carnew...-1207-chal.htm

Old 12-08-2007, 10:14 PM

Default RE: 2008 Dodge Challenger Cometh

I dunno. The first time I looked at the page, there was an ad for a really cool Mustang jacket. And since I do have a Mustang ...

Wait a minute. I've had a Challenger. I have a Mustang. The only one of the Big Three I never had is a Camaro!
Old 12-09-2007, 01:31 PM
Super Moderator

Dodge is wasting no time, putting the new Challenger SRT8 on sale now.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12-08-07: There is more to life than Mustangs, and that fact will become even more real in the coming year when the new age Camaro and Dodge Challenger start showing up in dealerships. Dodge has let out some tantalizing new photographs giving a glimpse of the production version of the new 2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8.

Dodge has announced pricing for the modern interpretation of the American muscle coupe. The 2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8 will arrive in showrooms next spring at $37,995. Of course the SRT8 will be the top of the line model. Pricing and specifications for the entry level and mid level Dodge Challengers will be along after the first of the year.
Dodge began taking orders on Dec. 3 for the limited-edition 2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8 models. Each of their dealers has been allocated just one unit for the 2008 model year. Each will feature a numbered dash plaque and a 6.1-liter HEMI® V-8 engine. 2008 Challenger SRT8 models will be available in Black, Silver and HEMI Orange. All will feature dual “carbon-fiber” hood stripes, harkening back to the original Dodge Challenger.

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 12-09-2007, 06:46 PM
Super Moderator

Good point, Jeremiah. There going to develop some momentum before Chevy joins the fray and hopefully create a vacuum to get the non-committed, since folks like you and I (the types who are either committed or ought to be ) are already in the bag.

I bet they were crackin' skulls to get this thing out this year....and with the sales going gang busters ...looks good so far. Let's keep our fingers crossed maybe a perfect storm before the EPA comes in again and ruins the party.

Man would it be cool if they came out with a little product breadth if performance starts to drive car sales again.

Old 12-11-2007, 09:08 AM

Yes, indeedy! I can't wait to see what the intro of the Challenger does to the cost of the Shelby GT500s and the Shelby GTs. If I learned anything in Principles of Microeconomics, I would venture to guess that competition will continue to drive down pricing or so the theory goes.

ORIGINAL: DamnSkippy

Looks like we may have some defectors soon! Eh, Albeeno?

http://www.themustangnews.com/carnew...-1207-chal.htm
Old 12-11-2007, 10:53 AM

Speaking of the Government: from edmunds

Higher Fuel Economy Standard Approved by U.S. House; Bill Blocked by Senate

WASHINGTON, D.C. — The U.S. House of Representatives approved a bill on Thursday that would raise fuel economy standards, remove tax breaks for oil and natural gas companies, and extend tax credits to alternative-energy providers and buyers of hybrid vehicles. The Senate moved almost immediately to block the bill, with Senate Democrats failing to gather the necessary 60 votes on Friday needed to bring the legislation to a vote.

The 235-181 vote in the House was encouraging to alt-energy boosters, but it is doubtful today whether it will ever reach a vote in the Senate, and if so, questionable whether it can get past President Bush, who could veto the bill.

Corporate Average Fuel Economy (CAFE) standards under the bill would be raised to 35 mpg by 2020, a 40 percent increase over the current standard of 27.5 mpg for cars and 22.2 mpg for SUVs and light trucks.

The bill repeals $13 billion in tax subsidies for five top oil and gas companies. The list includes BP, ConocoPhillips, Chevron, Exxon Mobil and Royal Dutch Shell. Some of the total $21 billion in new tax revenue from the legislation would be used to extend tax credits for alternative energy providers using such technology as solar, wind and biomass.

The bill would also require publicly held utilities to use renewable sources for 15 percent of their energy.

What this means to you: Another great day for bipartisanism in the U.S. Congress. Unfortunately, the result is more infighting while the needle gets closer to the $100-a-barrel mark. — Laura Sky Brown, Correspondent

Old 12-11-2007, 01:12 PM
Super Moderator

I thought they already passed that legislation. So confusing with how the different pigs in D.C. are having a one-up war to out due each other's plans to ruin our cars in the misguided theory that this will somehow help us the consumer.

Anyways, I think that the competition will be a good thing to help the customers. The Challenger will force Ford to make the decisions they should be making to make the Mustang more competitive and at a better price at the dealership. The Camaro will also help this. It will be exciting when this happens.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 12-12-2007, 12:55 AM
Super Moderator

Yeah, meanwhile our so called representatives are getting greased, wined, dined and pocket lined by folks riding around to their Earth First rallies in private jets and stretch limos. Smell the hypocrisy, you have to be elite to be so ecologically irresponsible.

Old 12-12-2007, 11:37 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: DamnSkippy

Yeah, meanwhile our so called representatives are getting greased, wined, dined and pocket lined by folks riding around to their Earth First rallies in private jets and stretch limos. Smell the hypocrisy, you have to be elite to be so ecologically irresponsible.
Don't forget about how they do all this while the employees supporting the people who are keeping us safe get pay cuts, position cuts, and some disabled vets live under bridges due to lack of financial support from the pigs making themselves fatter.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 12-20-2007, 04:47 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The torquereport has reported the following:

"The initial 2008 Dodge Challengers will all be SRT8 models with five speed automatic transmissions. When the 2009 Challengers hit the streets the SRT8 models will have an optional six-speed manual transmission. The models equipped with the manual transmission also comes with a new Hill Start Assist (HSA) feature. A 3.5L V6 and 5.7L HEMI V8 will also become available.

Sometime in 2009 Dodge is going to release a convertible version and the 3.5L V6 will be upgraded to a new 4.0L Phoenix engine in 2011. The HEMI engine in the SRT8 is also expected to get an upgrade in the future to a 6.4L engine instead of the current 6.1L. This will bump up horsepower to between 450 to 500."

See:

http://www.thetorquereport.com/2007/...pcoming_d.html

Quick Reply: 2008 Dodge Challenger Cometh