Notices
Challenger News This section is only for articles pertaining to, or containing information about the new Dodge Challenger.

Autoweek magazine Oct 22,2007

Old 10-25-2007, 09:03 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Autoweek magazine Oct 22,2007

I would guess it would be fun overall, but having never experienced it I'm not for sure. I bet he got yelled at for that one. It doesn't make them look good by anymeans. If I was the one who was driving it, I probably would never have run out of gas as I'm very sensitive about running out of gas. I probably get that due to the fact that my father has developed a reputation as being forgetful about refueling his tank. Probably the most ironic and humorous time that this took place was the day after I was born. My father was driving my brother and grandmother home from the hosiptal when in the middle of nowhere in the middle of the night his car ran out of gas. My grandmother who writes stories in the local newspaper wrote about it, and ever since this we give him a hard time when we ride with him and the low gas warning light goes off.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 10-26-2007, 12:21 PM

Why not? They do it Nascar. Kidding, totally different I know. Not to mention they have some functional guages, quite a bit actually, especially compared to none.
Old 10-29-2007, 06:11 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've done this. In my Conquest coming back from NC to my home in SC. I had my youngest son with me and we were going down I-85. I never had a car with a light that signals that you are low on fuel. So when the light came on I told my son lets see how many miles it goes after the light comes on. We were 35 miles from the station that I wanted to use. I did'nt tell my son that I had fuel in the pressure washer we were hauling to the house. I was going to use that if we ran out on the road. He kept a close eye on the light. He really was worried that we would run out and kept saying let stop at that station But I continued on and tried to act a little worried to add to his emotional state. We turned off at the exit 35 miles from when the light came on and as I pulled into the station the car ran out of gas. I laughed and looked at Josh, he was a shade of green. I laugh today when I think of the look on his face. But I do know how far I can go in my TSI before I run out of gas. I tried this in my oldest son's TSI and I ended up walking. 5 miles is all you have with that car
Old 10-29-2007, 06:56 AM
Super Moderator

Yep....dad's are awesome for those type of pranks....women're certainly wired differently....they don't see the fun in that type of humor....that's the stuff my dad used to pull on me....and I'll have to tuck this one away for using on my son when he gets old enough to appreciate...

As far as when you're out on you're own...as long as you're not heading to work or some other place requiring punctuality, sometimes the humility afforded by a walk to fetch some gas is an enjoyable time to take a moment to reflect on things, stages in life, etc.....of course the operative word is sometimes.....