Notices
Challenger News This section is only for articles pertaining to, or containing information about the new Dodge Challenger.

Car lovers are packing convention center for Dayton Auto Show

Old 03-26-2007, 05:29 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car lovers are packing convention center for Dayton Auto Show

Did any of you get a chance to see this in Dayton yesterday?

Car lovers are packing convention center for Dayton Auto Show

The event, which features 182 vehicles from a wide variety of manufacturers, continues from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. today.
By Ismail Turay Jr.

Staff Writer

Sunday, March 25, 2007

DAYTON — — John Hunt is married with children, but he's had another love for more than three decades.

He had a rendezvous with her at the Dayton Auto Show on Saturday.

"I came here specifically to see this car," he said, pointing at the 2008 Dodge Challenger SRT-8 as he and several others salivated. "My dream car has always been a 1970 Dodger Challenger RT, and I found one in Arizona for $130,000, but I can't afford it."

So Hunt, of Dayton, will shell out a cool $43,000 to purchase the 2008 model as soon as it goes on sale this fall, he said.

Like Hunt, thousands of Miami Valley resident have been packing the Dayton Convention Center since Thursday to get a glimpse at cars of their dreams. This year's show, sponsored by the Dayton Area Automobile Dealers Association, features 182 vehicles from nearly every manufacturer, said Tom Walker, the association's executive director.

The display included several hybrids, flex fuel, concept and custom cars. Walker said this year's collection of cars is one of the better collections the show has featured in recent years.

For visitors such as Kaleena Taley, the auto show is an opportunity to dream a little and sit in cars she can't afford, the Huber Heights resident said while sitting in the driver's seat of a red 2007 BMW convertible. She plans to purchase a Honda later this year.

Another popular attraction Saturday was the 2007 Corvette Z06. Like the Challenger, several car enthusiasts stood around gawking at the vehicle.

"It's gorgeous, but a little pricey," Kettering resident Patrick Witt said of the nearly $70,000 car.

Back at the Dodge Challenger display, Hunt was more like a salesman, telling other admirers about the car's 425 horsepower and Hemi V8 engine. Meanwhile, his daughter, Shaunda, snapped pictures of every angle of the vehicle.

"It feels like you are 16 years old and about to buy your first car again," John Hunt said.

How to go

What: Dayton Auto Show

Where: Dayton Convention Center, 22 E. Fifth St.

When: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. today

Cost: $7 for adults; free for children 13 and younger if accompanied by an adult. Tickets are on sale at the Dayton Convention Center box office and for a $2 discount at area Kroger stores.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 03-28-2007, 06:57 PM

Default RE: Car lovers are packing convention center for Dayton Auto Show

Interesting. How did the writer of the story know the price? And where did "this fall" come from? Either the writer has all kinds of inside information we haven't seen or it's some intern the paper sent down there to cover the event.
Old 03-28-2007, 09:06 PM

I think he was talking about the Z06 price, I hope. I know it is around 70k
Old 03-29-2007, 03:47 PM

And I don't like the fact that he called it an SRT-8!!

R/T is what I hope they call and if not I'll have an R/T badge made for mine.
Old 03-31-2007, 10:33 AM

This is the first I have read that article, and i was at the show and they never siad the price but the car was stunning. i got some great pics of it. here was some awsome Roush Mustangs there as well