Notices
Challenger News This section is only for articles pertaining to, or containing information about the new Dodge Challenger.

Challenger dodges RHD markets

Old 09-03-2007, 07:42 AM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Challenger dodges RHD markets

Challenger dodges RHD markets
3 September 2007

Earlier reports stated that the Challenger would be built on a modified version of the LY platform used in the current Chrysler 300C, giving rise to speculation that a right-hand drive model would make its way to Europe, and eventually South Africa.

Now, the previous management’s decision to safeguard such specialty models as the Challenger has been overturned by Cerberus, and the new car looks as though it will remain a left-hand drive proposition that will only be manufactured in limited numbers for the US market.

Much like its late 60’s/early 70’s predecessor, the Challenger will go head-to-head with the new Ford Mustang and, unlike the 6,1-litre concept version, will probably sport the company’s 5,7-litre Hemi V8 up front. Chrysler is also likely to offer a V6-engined base model to bring the range in line with the 157 kW 4,0-litre equipped Mustang V6 Automatic.

As if to soften the blow of this announcement, Chrysler has also confirmed that production of a high performance SRT-8 version of the Challenger has been given the go-ahead. This version will, supposedly, feature the 6,1-litre Hemi V8 first shown in the concept car. According to Chrysler, the SRT-fettled engine will develop 317 kW and 570 N.m of torque, enough to propel the SRT-8 from 0-100 km/h in just 4,5 seconds and on to a top speed of 280 km/h.

The production version of the Dodge Challenger will debut at the 2008 Chicago Auto Show, with production commencing later in the year.

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 09-04-2007, 05:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Challenger dodges RHD markets

This article would seem to indicate that the Challenger will not be a limited "niche" model if they are offering the V-6. What is the source of this September 3 article?
Old 09-04-2007, 11:44 AM

From what I found on Google, cartoday.com.
Old 09-04-2007, 02:48 PM
Super Moderator

I'm growing sour about this whole Cerberus thing. That is a very, very, very, very stupid idea on their part. The Challenger should be sold in any country where there is demand for it.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 09-04-2007, 05:39 PM
Super Moderator

Yes, cartoday.com is where it came from.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.