Notices
Challenger News This section is only for articles pertaining to, or containing information about the new Dodge Challenger.

Challenger, ENVI Coming from Chrysler

Old 09-18-2007, 09:01 AM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Challenger, ENVI Coming from Chrysler

Challenger, ENVI Coming from Chrysler

Musclecar, electric car on the way, Chrysler says.
by Joseph Szczesny (2007-09-17)

Chrysler LLC officials have confirmed the production version of the two-door Dodge Challenger will be unveiled at the Chicago Auto Show in February.

Camouflaged Challengers have been spotted driving around Detroit, and the car's retro exterior lines are making it easy to spot. Chrysler officials, however, declined to comment on when the new Challenger will reach showrooms.

Deborah Meyer, who joined Chrysler in mid-August after a tour of duty with Toyota, said it was going to be an exciting year for Chrysler. Meyer, in her first public appearance since joining Chrysler, told reporters she was looking forward to her mission with the new Chrysler.

Meyer did not have a hand in designing the marketing campaign for the Chrysler minivans that will go on sale Oct.1. The campaign is significantly toned down from recent ad runs for vehicles like the Nitro and Caliber. Those ads, and their controversial themes, left dealers bewildered and alienated some audiences, particularly the gay market.

The minivan campaign is family-oriented and takes deliberate aim at consumers in their 30s and 40s, who have children living with them at home and have very active lifestyles. The campaign also designed to spark some new life in a segment that some analysts have written off as dying.

ENVI for electrics

Chrysler also announced it is setting up a new organization to focus on bringing electric vehicles and related advanced-propulsion technologies to market. No date has been set for launching an all-electric Chrysler, but Chrysler will have hybrid SUVs ready in 2008.

The new organization, ENVI, will be headed Lou Rhodes, a Chrysler veteran. Rhodes will report to Frank Klegon, Chrysler executive vice president of product development, and Simon Boag, executive vice president of procurement and supply, who will serve as ENVI's co-chairman.

"The creation of ENVI allows us to focus on the development of a new generation of environmentally responsible Chrysler, Jeep and Dodge vehicles," said Robert Nardelli, Chrysler chairman and CEO. "Under Lou's leadership, ENVI will develop electric-propulsion vehicles that will provide customers with more fuel-efficient vehicle options."

Even though it is located within the company, ENVI will have an opportunity to create a unique, entrepreneurial culture all of its own, Chrysler officials said.

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 09-18-2007, 01:57 PM

Default RE: Challenger, ENVI Coming from Chrysler

I always get a laugh whenever an automotive exec talks about being environmentally responsible -- while producing huge trucks, SUVs and cars with huge Hemi engines. Personally, I've always admitted to being environmentally irresponsible.
Old 09-19-2007, 02:23 PM
Super Moderator

For a minuet, you had me scared Jeremiah with that thread title. Even though the comma was there having the Challenger and ENVI in the same title is a frightening thought. I still think it would be wiser for them to invest in smaller diesels for those SUVs. Whether or not one likes hybrids, they are not helping large SUVs very much in the fuel economy department.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 09-19-2007, 07:08 PM
Super Moderator

I didn't mean to do that. I usually use the same title as the article so that others can see it and not double post the same article.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 09-21-2007, 09:41 AM
Super Moderator

Make an Aluminum framed/bodied Chally electric

http://www.zapworld.com/electric-veh...ric-cars/zap-x

"featuring an innovative all-wheel drive option with revolutionary electric motors inside each of the wheels, potentially delivering 644 horsepower and speeds up to 155mph"

and have it compete with this.....

Talk about mopar of tomorrow!

Old 09-21-2007, 05:30 PM

if it makes a Hemi roar maybe. Otherwise forget it...
Old 09-22-2007, 07:58 AM

I'd still prefer a 440 Magnum roar. I never fell into the Chrysler propaganda trap about the "legendary" Hemi engines.
Old 09-22-2007, 06:53 PM
Super Moderator

The 440 was certainly a very very strong engine.