Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   Challenger News (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/challenger-news-27/)
-   -   Challenger interior!!!! (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/challenger-news-27/challenger-interior-2383/)

BootCamp 01-25-2008 01:39 PM

RE: Challenger interior!!!!

ORIGINAL: awsure

Disappointing to say the least. All the cool design discussions about capturing the trapezoidal shapes, using the cylinder heads as inspiration for the gauge cluster, metallic textures on the finish. I sincerely hope this is not the finished product. The seats look like crap! Ughhh. I truly hope this is some kind of test mule with stuff cobbled together from other cars to fill in for the true interior coming.

Sorry to sound negative but the concept is so well done...I want that!
I understand and agree.
On the flip side, I want it NOW and can compensate for shortcomings with aftermarket parts/kits once it's under my butt.
Been planning to improve my wife's Charger R/T with the "trim kit" below. I'm sure they'll offer something similar for the Challenger in a very short time. I'll endure until then.

[IMG]local://upfiles/271/A346AAA691424533A5EBA992E4431A69.jpg[/IMG]

Justinec101 01-25-2008 01:57 PM

I guess it's on the same level as its competition at least

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/684/20091317egd6.jpg
http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.au...nterior_01.jpg

really it just needs that metalish material that's around the guages and shifter to be on the air vents and radio and i'll be good.

HEMI04 01-25-2008 02:13 PM

hahahaha i knew they'd have the lines of the interior like the originals and go with charger guages. I'm hoping they just threw a interior together for the test mules though. Doesn't make sense that the 09 rams have "high tech" guages. i realize they redisigned the entire truck but the challenger is a brand new car all together. so imo it should be treated the same

Overpowered 01-25-2008 02:23 PM

It looks as though it was just thrown together for a test car in my opinion.

I ordered with My-GIG nav and there is no visible way that that would look right in this unofficial dash. They would have to hack it up and make it look worse than it does already.

I'm hoping it's closer to the prototype than these pictures.

Eric

BootCamp 01-25-2008 02:23 PM

ORIGINAL: HEMI04

hahahaha i knew they'd have the lines of the interior like the originals and go with charger guages. I'm hoping they just threw a interior together for the test mules though. Doesn't make sense that the 09 rams have "high tech" guages. i realize they redisigned the entire truck but the challenger is a brand new car all together. so imo it should be treated the same
Cerberus already stated they'd try to cut costs by using commonality in components between models. This is much cheaper to do than developing new parts for every model and every trim level within. Using common gauges/clusters or layouts across a common platform shouldn't come to anyone as a big surprise. Disappointing? Sure. Surprising? No.

70sguy 01-25-2008 04:19 PM

remember guys your looking at anR/T .The SRT will certainly be provided with the special trim, hopefully, maybe, but black isn't that bad. The wood grain didn't look that bad either. My old cuda had a wood grain finish around the instrument panel.

1 Bad Mirada 01-25-2008 04:51 PM

i hope that they offer the higher end radio with navigation and sirius..i had a 300 rental with that setup, and i love it...i dont need the navigation, but its fun to play with on long trips.

Jeremiah 29:11 01-25-2008 06:24 PM

You have to remember where those pictures were taken from and it wouldn't surprise me of those were special test cars.

For example look at those 3wires in the center console not on this thread but on the other that showed the orange push/twist button.

That is not going be in that car. I am suggesting these pictures of cars not yet finished yet.

HEMI04 01-25-2008 08:51 PM

well fingers crossed it's not the final say in the interior. i don't remember if i heard on this site or on a different one but the leaked photos of the camaro's interior are supposdely not the same as the ones that will hit the dealership. eh, we'll find out soon enough

RLSH700 02-05-2008 06:02 AM

Just like many people said before, we do not know yet if this is the finished product, nor do we really know what trim level this is. If my eyes are not mistaking me, I don't think the shot that shows the edge of the seat is even leather, so this looks like it is a pretty basic version. There will be special trim packages. I'm sure that SIRIUS and a navigation system will be offered as well. Also remember to judge this car for what it is and not what it isn't. It is a muscle car not a luxury car.