Notices
Challenger News This section is only for articles pertaining to, or containing information about the new Dodge Challenger.

Challenger interior!!!!

Old 01-25-2008, 07:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Challenger interior!!!!

http://jalopnik.com/348876/first-200...interior-photo

Finally some interior pics
Old 01-25-2008, 07:30 AM
Banned

Default RE: Challenger interior!!!!

Very nice find. They got the shifter identical to the concept. I don't really care for the instrument panel. Very similar to the Chevy Cobalt. I wish the seats could be seen as well.
Old 01-25-2008, 07:34 AM

I'm hoping that isn't the real interior... if it is I gotta say I'm not terribly impressed so far. While I like the glock-handle shifter, the rest of what I can see looks like it could have come out of any other Dodge model. The dash of the concept looked awesome, I was so hoping for at least a variation thereof and not a warmed-over rehash of an Avenger dashboard. Hopefully the bean counters allowed them to at least keep the ultra-cool telemetry meter.

I'll reserve final judgement until I finally see one in person... but so far all I've got to say is *yawn*.
Old 01-25-2008, 08:20 AM

it looks as if they have drifted from the one large/3 smaller gauge layout (like on the old 'standard' dash or the concept car)...that will be dissapointing-I was hoping they would just duplicate the 'rallye' dash with the 4 round pods with gauges inside-that would look a lot more like 'looking down the cylinders of an engine' that the origional concept designers had talked about!
Old 01-25-2008, 08:21 AM

ORIGINAL: DK challenger

http://jalopnik.com/348876/first-200...interior-photo

Finally some interior pics
Do you guys not check the other threads on this site? This was posted like yesterday.. by the original author

https://dodgechallenger.com/forums/fb.asp?m=22412
Old 01-25-2008, 08:22 AM

By the way, what's with all the visible wires in the center console...methinks maybe this ain't the final version. Dodgeman you living, breathing, walking, talking LEGEND...can you please confirm?
Old 01-25-2008, 08:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is probably a 2009 test vehicle. The verticle rod/cable is for telemetry.
Old 01-25-2008, 10:27 AM

I like the concept interior better
Old 01-25-2008, 12:28 PM

Disappointing to say the least. All the cool design discussions about capturing the trapezoidal shapes, using the cylinder heads as inspiration for the gauge cluster, metallic textures on the finish. I sincerely hope this is not the finished product. The seats look like crap! Ughhh. I truly hope this is some kind of test mule with stuff cobbled together from other cars to fill in for the true interior coming.

Sorry to sound negative but the concept is so well done...I want that!

Old 01-25-2008, 12:31 PM

ORIGINAL: retroboy
Do you guys not check the other threads on this site? This was posted like yesterday.. by the original author
ORIGINAL: RoswellGrey
Quite frankly, I could care less what the interior looks like. They could have a wooden box for a seat. What's important is that everyone is going to know it's a Challenger you're driving.
I see you're all about substance. [>:]
and next year everone will have a challenger , so what.... buy what you like
ORIGINAL: 70sguy
Don't expect any deliveries before mid summer as these cars aren't ready for the production lines yet.
And you based this on what exactly?

retroboy,
Before getting off on the wrong foot, you might want to rethink the way you word things in some of your posts.
You've made a total of seven posts in the last five days (since registering as a member), and four posts are what I'd consider to be mildly to outright "abraisive".
This is a friendly forum where members share ideas and feelings. Many members have been here for quite some time.
It's easy to be "short" or "unintentionally disrespectful" of others when you're typing and not talking "face to face" with them. You'd do well to be cognisant of that before clicking "OK" and posting something that may not come across as you intended.
[sm=bangbang.gif]

Quick Reply: Challenger interior!!!!