Notices
Challenger News This section is only for articles pertaining to, or containing information about the new Dodge Challenger.

Chrysler announces new technology at US conference

Old 04-15-2008, 08:26 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chrysler announces new technology at US conference

Chrysler announces new technology at US conference

KEEPING THE PEANUT GALLERY HAPPY: Chrysler's vehicle entertainment system has dual DVD players so second and third-row passengers can watch different programmes - and the front passenger can watch either on the sat-nav monitor while the driver (hopefully) watches the road.

April 15, 2008

Chrysler has announced a wide range of new technologies – some of them industry firsts – at the world congress of the Society of Automotive Engineers in Auburn Hills, Michigan.

Product development vice-president Frank Klegon told delegates: "Chrysler has always been known as an engineering company and these features of our 2009 range will emphasise that.

"Chrysler's mission is to bring innovation to market more quickly for more customer satisfaction and convenience. These technologies will do that."

The company has developed an in-vehicle, internet connectivity system that combines WiFI and 4G for high-speed data transfer and transforms the car into "hot spot" with internet and e-mail access and the ability to download films and music directly to the vehicle'Chrysler has always been known as an engineering company'.

It'll be offered as an option on future Chrysler vehicles but will also be available as an aftermarket fitting through accessory division Mopar before the end of 2008.

A development of parking sensors called Rear Cross Path warns a driver who is reversing out of a parking space of traffic moving behind him but outside his field of vision via an illuminated icon in his side mirror and an audible chime.

The system operates automatically whenever the vehicle is in reverse and will be available on the 2009 Chrysler Town & Country and Dodge Grand Caravan models.

Chrysler's blind-spot monitoring system uses dual ultra-wideband radar sensors to warn the driver when changing lanes if another vehicle is coming up to pass or is in his blind spotSwitch seamlessly from rear-wheel drive to all-wheel drive.

An illuminated icon comes up on the side mirror and a chime sounds when the indicators are operated. The system works whenever the car is moving forward.

It will be available on the 2009 Chrysler Town & Country and Dodge Grand Caravan models.

All-wheel drive 2009 Chrysler 300 and Dodge Charger models will switch seamlessly from rear-wheel drive to all-wheel drive by automatically disconnecting the transfer case and front axle from each other as well as from the engine and gearbox whenever all-wheel drive isn't required.

As soon as the wheel sensors detect wheelspin the front axle and transfer case are engaged to provide all-wheel drive.

Chrysler says this reduces friction, rotational mass and drivetrain wear and lowers fuel consumption.

Rear-seat swivel screen

The 2009 Chrysler Town & Country and Dodge Grand Caravan will have a swiveling DVD screen above the rear seats so passengers facing to the rear on Chrysler's "Swivel 'n Go" seats can see it.

A new vehicle entertainment system, optional on the 2009 Chrysler Aspen, 300, Sebring, Jeep Grand Cherokee, Commander and Dodge Durango, Charger, Ram, Journey, Avenger and Nitro, will deliver a variety of programming choices with ports to connect games and portable media players.

The driver and front passenger can also access all the video sources on the front-passenger screen.

An enhanced, voice-activated UConnect Bluetooth hands-free system will be available on the 2009 Chrysler Aspen, 300, Sebring, Town & Country, Jeep Grand Cherokee, Commander, Liberty, Patriot, Compass and Dodge Grand Caravan, Charger, Challenger, Nitro, Durango, Dakota, Ram, Caliber, Avenger and Journey.

It can recognise more than 100 000 words and is capable of learning new words. The driver can input addresses to the navigation system, select satellite radio stations and access voice mail by voic
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 04-17-2008, 08:33 AM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Chrysler announces new technology at US conference

The monitoring system upgrade sounds like a great idea to deal with those annoying blind spots. The new AWD system sounds like it will really help to save fuel and reserve it for when you really need it.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 04-17-2008, 04:19 PM

Default RE: Chrysler announces new technology at US conference

meh I have never seen one of those back up sensors work properly. maybe they fixed that?