Notices
Challenger News This section is only for articles pertaining to, or containing information about the new Dodge Challenger.

Chrysler will cut four of its models

Old 11-10-2007, 08:09 AM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chrysler will cut four of its models

Chrysler will cut four of its models

Pedro Arrais
Times Colonist

Friday, November 09, 2007

Chrysler plans on discontinuing four models from its lineup, they include the PT Cruiser convertible, Pacifica, Dodge Magnum and the Crossfire two-seater.

Chrysler has just announced the end of the road for four models in its lineup: the Chrysler Crossfire, Pacifica and PT Cruiser convertible and the Dodge Magnum. The North American automaker says 2008 will be the last year for the four.

In the same announcement, Chrysler also revealed plans to scale back production for its remaining models due to the continuing slowdown of the U.S. economy.

"The four models slated for discontinuation did not sell well when new but are very popular as pre-owned vehicles," says Mike Wille, sales manager of Wille Dodge Chrysler Jeep of Victoria. "The Pacifica was priced a little high at the onset but is a great value now."

Chrysler offered a glimmer of hope at the end of the tunnel, reiterating its intention to introduce two new models, the Dodge Journey, a crossover vehicle, and the Dodge Challenger, a performance car.
Wille says the Journey, which is expected to sell in the $25,000 to $35,000 range when it appears in the spring of 2008, is an attractive vehicle about the same size as the current Caravan. "It's smaller and narrower, so it will likely be popular in our market." he says. He thinks the Journey will appeal to buyers who would normally have bought a short-wheelbase Caravan (which is no longer offered in 2008).

The Challenger is expected to compete with the Ford Mustang and upcoming Chevrolet Camaro. The Challenger will be built at Chrysler's Brampton, Ont., assembly plant. It will initially be produced in limited numbers when it appears next summer, although no pricing has been announced. "We'll probably just get one." says Wille.
Chrysler also indicated it is committed to offering hybrid versions of the Chrysler Aspen and Dodge Durango, two SUV models.

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 11-12-2007, 10:52 AM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Chrysler will cut four of its models

I guess this means that the Magnum production will go to the Challenger. I doubt the Journey will appeal to the same audience as the short-wheelbase Caravan. Minivan people switched from station wagons to minivans for a reason, I doubt they are wanting to go back to station wagons.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 11-12-2007, 04:22 PM

as my mom has drove a cravan/voyger for the past three centuries (ok not quite that long but close...) & she hates station wagons the journey probably wont do much in the sale dept. either

i find it funny as crap that they started callind stationwagons "crossovers" anyway, if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, then it probably is a DUCK!
Old 11-12-2007, 05:08 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Plum Crazy 08 mopar

as my mom has drove a cravan/voyger for the past three centuries (ok not quite that long but close...) & she hates station wagons the journey probably wont do much in the sale dept. either

i find it funny as crap that they started callind stationwagons "crossovers" anyway, if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, then it probably is a DUCK!
Precisely what I was thinking. My mother has had Caravan's since 91 and before this she simply had sedans. Both of my parents have always stated how much they hated station wagons and would rather have a sedan or coupe over one of those, but minivans they liked because of the way they rode and the capacity. I don't like this whole "Crossover" thing either. If I want an SUV, I'll get the real thing.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts