Notices
Challenger News This section is only for articles pertaining to, or containing information about the new Dodge Challenger.

Classic owners enjoying the ride. And what is the price?

Old 07-24-2006, 09:34 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Classic owners enjoying the ride. And what is the price?

I don't know about the price between $19K and $26K........that is a bit of a stretch but I have been wrong before.

Local car buffs excited about new Dodge Challenger

By Jeff Stahl
NewsChannel 3

Dodge is rolling out a new muscle car paying homage to one of it's classics from the late 60's and early 70's. Execs are hoping it'll be the next Mustang or P.T. Cruiser, cars that they just can't keep on the lot. Area car lovers are excited about the return of the new retro Challenger.

It doesn't take much to see the love Glenn Forebush has for his classic 1974 Dodge Challenger with its pistol-gripped shifter and 440-four barrel engine. Turning a three-month repaint into a three-year renovation, he stripped this car down, repainted it to its original color, installed custom wheels and a number of other after market features.

"Aftermarket manifold, carburetor, air cleaner, chrome valve covers."

Now his classic ride is getting a new look from a new generation, it's so new dodge doesn't even have video of it yet. But the automaker is going back to its roots once again introducing a new Challenger, retro in design, a two-door, 425-horse power V-8 engine, drawing its heritage from those classic cars from the 70's.

"The cars look fast, just sitting still. Just sitting there they look powerful."

Featuring their huge engines and a number of custom modifications, many of the people who own these 1970's Challengers say they're planning on buying the new Challengers when they come out next year. Dodge is hoping other people will do the same.
"If they build it like the concept car, I love it. I saw it up at the Mopars at the strip show in Vegas this year. I love it. There will be one in my garage."

"It's about time. They've done a good job in the photos I've seen and the articles I've read. If it comes out like that, it's going to be a real nice tribute to the old muscle car era."

Dan Campbell's all-original 1972 Challenger has 59,000 original miles, no more.

Milton Beauchamp owns a completely restored 1970 Challenger. He says his wife is even into the new model.

"She's saying this is what we want to do. We're going to trade in another car we have, buy that and park it right next to this one right in the garage if it goes well."

All this attention is just what Dodge wants to generate, a buzz that will bring in car buyers to their dealerships.

"As soon as the car was unveiled at the Detroit Auto Show, everybody seems to feel the car is readily available, and of course it isn't. We're getting 3 to 5 calls a day."

It is a 2008 and likely not coming out until late next year. Still, at classic auto shows like this one in Redlands, where chrome, polish, and American cars are still king, the new Challenger is offering some promise of bringing back a time when the big three auto-makers dominated the highways.

And classic owners are enjoying the ride.

If you're in the market for one of those new 2008 model Challengers, expect to pay between $19,000 and $26,000, depending on what engine you get and other options.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 07-24-2006, 10:59 PM

Default RE: Classic owners enjoying the ride. And what is the price?

I would tend to agree with you. I look at the Charger base models as a fairly good price guide and then add a few grand for the hype factor. I think we might see some V-6 models in the 2009 or 2010 models come in close to that price range.
Old 07-25-2006, 11:48 AM
Super Moderator

Maybe this is a sign that the prices won't be as bad as some of us have feared.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 07-25-2006, 05:32 PM
Super Moderator

I sure will be glad when they come out with the sales brochure and price sheet.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 07-26-2006, 04:42 PM
Super Moderator

So will I. Then we can discuss and get into a panic about something different. I bet it will be whether it has two or four-doors. People hearing from their friend of a friend of a friend situation. The original source being a person who just wants attention, just like the ones who claimed it would be in the +$60,000 range.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first to 2000 posts

Old 07-26-2006, 05:20 PM
Super Moderator

Gosh, some of the ones that 1 BadMirada had about how a rumour was passed along were hiliarious.

Kinda like a friend of my nieces Uncle who over heard the school janitor talking on the phone with his wife whose brother is is dating this girl who was likes Dodges and her sales person at the dealership told her there would be a 4 door version of the Challenger. LOL at my own joke!
Old 07-26-2006, 06:03 PM
Super Moderator

It reminds me of a quote from the Simpsons. Bart whispers to a teacher, "Skinner says the teachers are going to crack any minuet." It comes out when Mrs. Krabappel recieves it "Well, Skinner is going to pay for that, espically for that purple monkey dishwasher part."

Rumors are a form of gossip. They are rarely true and just cause trouble.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first to 2000 posts