Notices
Challenger News This section is only for articles pertaining to, or containing information about the new Dodge Challenger.

Concept Cars Continue to Draw Interest at 9th Annual Michigan International Auto Show

Old 01-29-2007, 05:31 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Concept Cars Continue to Draw Interest at 9th Annual Michigan International Auto Show

I wish I was there.

Concept Cars Continue to Draw Interest at 9th Annual Michigan International Auto Show

February 1-4, 2007 at DeVos Place

(GRAND RAPIDS, Mich) - Some eight "concept cars" will be among the 300+ vehicles on display at the 9th Annual Michigan International Auto Show, which runs February 1-4 at DeVos Place in downtown Grand Rapids.
Concept cars start with a vision by an automotive designer. It is created to address the transportation needs of the future, and usually incorporates advanced technology, innovative styling and alternative power sources. They are the testing beds for new ideas intended to provoke interest from the consumer at Auto Shows and create interaction with the manufacturers. Often concept cars move to "pre-production" designs and rapidly to production such as was the case with the PT Cruiser, VW New Beetle and Ford Thunderbird.
The tentative Concepts Cars expected as of January 28, 2007 include:
* Chrysler Imperial: The design incorporates a long hood & front end dominated by an upright radiator & strong horizontal grille. Brushed & polished aluminum pods evoke the free-standing headlamps of past models.
* Chrysler Sebring: The most interesting option available on Touring and Limited models is a Harman Kardon-designed navigation/audio system (known as MyGIG) with real-time traffic updates (via Sirius) and a 20GB hard drive that allows owners to rip their own CDs or download MP3 files from a jump drive using a USB port. Other options include an in-dash CD/DVD audio changer, a rear-seat entertainment system, a sunroof, heated front seats, Bluetooth (known as UConnect), heated/cooled front cup holders and remote start.
* Dodge Hornet: Dodge's first time at building a car this small. An aggressive look & throaty engine note, w/ a 1.6 liter 4-cylinder Supercharged engine that takes you from 0-60 in 7.5 seconds.*
* Dodge Challenger: A new "retro" look w/ 6.1 L Hemi V8 & many styling cues from the original 1970 model. A true two-door hardtop w/ no "B" pillar.* * Ford Fairlane: A crossover utility vehicle concept featuring three-row seating for six passengers; chromed three-bar horizontal grill design, AWD, 3.0-liter Duratec V6.
* Ford Mustang GT-R: This muscular car rekindles the legend's road racing glory & the magic of 5.0-liter Mustangs in a stunning racing concept making its world debut. It signals a potential future race car, while honoring four decades of performance glory just days before Mustang's 40th anniversary.
* Jeep Gladiator: A muscular, no-nonsense full-size pickup truck based on the SJ Jeep Wagoneer SUV. Featuring 163 hp & 295 lbs-ft of torque w/a six-speed many transmission & 2.8 liter engine. Lots of unique features to check out on this model.*
* Jeep Willys 2: A retrospective design w/influences from the original WW2 Jeep. An honest retro with modern technology, a <http://www.diseno-art.com/tutorials/...fiber.html> carbon fibre hard top supports a roof rack w/a full-size spare holder & luggage rack.
The 9th Annual Michigan International Auto Show is presented by the Grand Rapids New Car Dealers Association and is one of 15 consumer expositions produced by ShowSpan Inc., Grand Rapids, Michigan. Founded in 1945, ShowSpan - a John D. Loeks, Jr., Company - has grown to be one of the largest producers of consumer shows in the Midwest.

Auto Show General Admission: Adults ($9) - Children 6-14 ($4) - Under 5
(Free)

Discount Coupons are available at area Grand Rapids New Car Dealers and at
participating

Wendy's and 7-11.

Thursday, February 1 3:00
p.m. - 10:00 p.m.

Friday, February 2 11:00
a.m. - 10:00 p.m.

Saturday, February 3 10:00
a.m. - 10:00 p.m.

Sunda
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 01-31-2007, 06:24 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Concept Cars Continue to Draw Interest at 9th Annual Michigan International Auto Show

Ditto. There is no presentation they are going to put more effort into than in their hometown.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 01-31-2007, 07:21 PM
Administrator

Default RE: Concept Cars Continue to Draw Interest at 9th Annual Michigan International Auto Show

thats odd..grand rapids is across the state from detroit.
Old 01-31-2007, 08:30 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: 1 Bad Mirada

thats odd..grand rapids is across the state from detroit.
Whoops. I guess should have read through it more carefully. Nonetheless, it is still in the same home state.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts