Notices
Challenger News This section is only for articles pertaining to, or containing information about the new Dodge Challenger.

Pittsburgh International Auto Show: It's (finally) show time

Old 04-26-2007, 08:09 AM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pittsburgh International Auto Show: It's (finally) show time

Is anybody planning on going?

Pittsburgh International Auto Show: It's (finally) show time

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

By Don Hammonds, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Some things are worth waiting for.

Here in Pittsburgh, car nuts and prospective buyers have been on hold for months waiting for the Greater Pittsburgh International Auto Show, which had to be postponed because of a floor collapse at the David L. Lawrence Convention Center in February.

Anita Dufalla illustration
Click image for larger version.

Well, the floor has been repaired and show time is finally here -- and there are tons of things to see, including several new models that hadn't been unveiled in February. They include GMC's Arcadia, Saturn's Outlook, Hyundai's Veracruz and Subaru's greatly redone Tribeca -- all competitors in the hot crossover segment of the market.

And to make the show even more fun, there will be a number of concept cars on hand, which ordinarily would not be shown here until next year, if at all.

The Chrysler Nassau, Jeep Trailhawk, Jeep Patriot, Dodge Challenger and Chevy Camaro concepts all should be on display. I've even heard that Ford will display either its Fairlane crossover concept or the Flex, the production version of the same car.

You also might look for a display of the all-new, much talked about 2008 Chevy Malibu and 2008 Buick Enclave crossover, two cars that General Motors is counting on to help put it solidly into the black. Other pre-production models expected to be on hand will include the 2008 Chevy Equinox Sport, 2008 Dodge Dakota and 2008 Chrysler Sebring Convertible.

You also don't want to miss the Nissan Versa, Honda Fit, Toyota Yaris, Saturn Vue Green Line and the all-new Chevy Tahoe Hybrid.

These and other pre-production models and concepts will turn the show into a treasure trove for lovers of dream cars and pre-production versions.

The show will be open to the public Thursday through Monday. Show hours are 5 to 10 p.m. Thursday, 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. Friday and Saturday and 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday and Monday.

Admission will be $9 for adults; children 12 and under are admitted free.

On Monday, people 60 and over will be admitted to the show for $6.

To avoid waiting in line at the box office, attendees are encouraged to buy their tickets online. Log onto www.pittautoshow.com, purchase a ticket, print it out, bring it to the show and use the express E-ticket entrance.

Tickets purchased for February's show will be honored.

Additional information is available at the official auto show Web site, www.pittautoshow.com.

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 04-26-2007, 10:14 AM

Default RE: Pittsburgh International Auto Show: It's (finally) show time

Too far of a drive for me.[>:]
Old 05-01-2007, 12:38 AM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Pittsburgh International Auto Show: It's (finally) show time

ORIGINAL: MGDMike

Too far of a drive for me.[>:]
Ditto. I saw many of those models in person at the K.C. autoshow (except for the Challenger unfortuneatly). I'll see it in person eventually.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts