Notices
Challenger News This section is only for articles pertaining to, or containing information about the new Dodge Challenger.

Dodge Challenger preproduction body shells caught on camera

Old 05-07-2007, 01:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dodge Challenger preproduction body shells caught on camera

http://podcast.autoblog.com/2007/04/...hells-snapped/

These pics showing multiple preproduction Dodge Challenger body shells are what you might call radioactive. They were originally posted in a thread on the Newhemitech.com forums on Saturday night at 9:25PM EST. We learned about them shortly afterward when a link was posted in a thread on the GMInsideNews.com forums. We've been in contact with Chrysler about them, who obviously view the pictures as a very serious breach in security. They were clearly taken illegaly on private property, which at first gave us serious pause. Since then, however, they've begun to show up on more and more websites. We have no one to which we can attribute the photos, and considering their radioactivity, likely never will.

From our perspective, however, these pics are actually a good thing for Chrysler. We haven't heard much about the Challenger in a while, and these images are sure to spark up interest again in the automaker's forthcoming pony car. We should be straight with you and mention that the production Challenger is still a ways off and these shells do not necessarily reveal any reliable information about what the production car will be like. The only appreciable difference that we can identify between the concept and these shells, in fact, is the addition of a fixed B-pillar. Still, it's great to see hard evidence that the Challenger project is moving forward, bringing all of us closer to the day when we can roll down to the nearest Chrysler dealer and pick one up for ourselves.

I POSTED THIS ONCE & IT DISAPPEARED...WHY?
Old 05-07-2007, 07:34 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Dodge Challenger preproduction body shells caught on camera

I think the pictures were a shot in the arm for Dodge. It quells a lot of rumors and lets people see for theirselves that Dodge is moving on towards production. I'm enjoying the hype, with the knowledge of the car being built. With the looming sale of Chrysler, it left up in the air... at least in my mind of the Challenger not being built. But these pics reasure me that progress is being made. Ammid rising gas prices, Dodge is taking the gamble that Americans will buy this car despite the gas prices. I think they will, but I can only answer for myself. I hate to see our car co. take a back seat to imports. So I will do my part and buy the car I have wanted since 1974 when the last Challenger rolled off the assembly line. I was only 15 and I was not in the financal condition to buy a new car. And since then its been a wish to see something that I thought an impossiblity. But lo and behold, a new Challenger rising like the Phenix out of he ashes. In my wildest dreams I never thought it possible and now hope thrives. so I will accept Dodges effort to bring me the car that I have wanted and I will not nit pic every little thing that doesn't fit in my wants. Now its time to wait, and wait and wait. I've waited 33 years a few more days won't kill me.
Old 05-07-2007, 09:10 AM

Makes me feel better to see them as well. I am buying this car purely because I love it. The fact that it is American is tremendous. Maybe putting too much of my hopes into it but I have been waiting for U.S. manufacturers to make a car I WANTED to buy.
Old 05-07-2007, 11:11 AM

ORIGINAL: lear4406

With the looming sale of Chrysler, it left up in the air... at least in my mind of the Challenger not being built.
You probably know already, but in case you didn't, Chrysler posted a 2% increase in sales last quarter, while GM and Ford are down (losses) - again.
I think DCX would be foolish to sell Chrysler. Nearly all automakers/businesses have a bad quarter here and there, and Chrysler has posted gains in quarters past, while Daimler-Benz lost money. They didn't sell Daimler-Benz......why sell Chrysler, unless they want to divest themselves of the US plants (and a good portion of thier market as well)???
To "throw away the baby with the bathwater" is assinine.
Old 05-07-2007, 11:06 PM
Super Moderator

Well American in history perhaps, but now a German company.....at least for now.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 05-08-2007, 10:01 PM
Super Moderator

I agree that Daimler would be foolish to sell Chrysler; however, Chrysler under Magna's management would be better for Chrysler. Daimler likes to hold back Chrysler anytime they manage to defeat MB (which doesn't take much effort on Chrysler's part). Magna will most likely make this their top priority which is something DCX has never done for Chrysler. I say it's time to draw out the divorce papers for this abusive, poorly matched marriage.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 05-09-2007, 04:00 AM

Agreed. A dedicated owner would be a much better scenario than what Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep has now with DCX.
Old 05-09-2007, 05:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I second, third and forth that motion. Sign the papers and set yourself free, well thats how it worked for me.