Notices
Challenger News This section is only for articles pertaining to, or containing information about the new Dodge Challenger.

Concepts, Crossovers Turn Toward Future At Auto Show

Old 10-04-2006, 10:42 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Concepts, Crossovers Turn Toward Future At Auto Show

Concepts, Crossovers Turn Toward Future At Auto Show

POSTED: 1:36 pm PDT October 4, 2006
UPDATED: 6:36 pm PDT October 4, 2006

LOS ANGELES -- Futuristic concept cars and crossover vehicles will be on display this weekend when the Orange County Auto Show opens at the Anaheim Convention Center.

The show is an opportunity for automakers to showcase their 2007 models.

Organizer Michael Caudill said crossovers, a term used to describe sport utilities that use car chassis, might sell well in Southern California. The vehicles combine the features of cars and SUVs.

"They don't hit you as bad at the pump," Caudill said. "You get the versatility of a big sport utility vehicle. They're coming out with ones that are more sporty."

Ford's Lew Echlin said trucks and SUVs remain popular in Southern California, but he has high hopes for his company's new crossover.

"They are fuel sipping," said Echlin. "They're great at commute. But they also give Californians exactly what they want, which is balance and quality of life."

Concept vehicles scheduled for display include the Chrysler Akino, Dodge Challenger, Dodge Hornet, Mitsubishi Street Raider, Hyundai HCD9 and Mitsubishi Eclipse Ralliart.

The show also features a collection of Lamborghinis. The Lamborghini Murcielago LP640, which provides 60 more hp than last year's model, will make its debut at the show.

Maserati and Ferrari also will have a collection on display.

Hybrid vehicles at the show include Nissan's first gasoline-electric vehicle, the Altima Hybrid.

Nissan's offering comes as Toyota Motor Corp. continues to reap benefits from its fuel-efficient lineup. Toyota sold 25 percent more vehicles last month than it did in September 2005.

General Motors Corp. and DaimlerChrysler AG each saw their sales slip by a few percentage points, while Ford Motor Co.'s sales gained 4.7 percent, the automakers said Tuesday.

Overall, automakers sold 1.35 million cars and trucks in the U.S. last month, up 1.9 percent from September 2005, when sales were off for some automakers following Hurricane Katrina and a discount-intensive summer.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 10-04-2006, 11:07 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Concepts, Crossovers Turn Toward Future At Auto Show

Crossovers appears to be where the market is heading. I don't like the Horonet, it isn't a real DCX product. As I just said over at DF "if I want a Chery, I will move to China!"

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts