Notices
Challenger News This section is only for articles pertaining to, or containing information about the new Dodge Challenger.

D&M Holdings and Visteon 'Tune Up' the All-new 2009 Dodge Challenger

Old 05-06-2008, 06:37 AM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default D&M Holdings and Visteon 'Tune Up' the All-new 2009 Dodge Challenger

http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/s...e,380728.shtml

Sound improvements...that don't emanate from the pipe!

TOKYO, May 6 /PRNewswire/ -- D&M Holdings Inc. (TSE 1:6735) and Visteon Corporation announced today they have expanded their relationship to supply Boston Acoustics' branded audio systems to the 2009 Dodge Challenger. The system will include Boston Acoustics' speakers and Visteon's Digital Signal Processing (DSP) amplifier.

"We are very pleased that Visteon and D&M Holdings have been chosen to provide a high-performing Boston Acoustics audio system to the all-new 2009 Dodge Challenger," said President of D&M Global OEM Michael Maloney. "As auto manufacturers strive to provide premium audio to their customers, we intend to exceed the expectations for superior sound by out-engineering our competition."

The 2009 Dodge Challenger will have custom-designed and engineered Boston Acoustics speakers as standard equipment or offered as a factory-installed upgrade option. Combined with a Visteon DSP amplifier, the equalized sound system will deliver the clear, clean sound and octave-to-octave tonal balance known as the legendary "Boston Sound." The 2009 Dodge Challenger will offer an 8-speaker configuration including an 8-inch subwoofer powered by a 368-watt DSP amplifier and a 6-speaker configuration powered by a 276-watt DSP amplifier.

"Using advanced automotive audio technologies, Visteon and D&M Holdings are creating a dimensional sound stage that can put out as much muscle as this American classic," said Steve Meszaros, vice president, Visteon electronics.

"As D&M continues to execute our growth strategy to expand in the automotive audio systems market, the company injects more resources into innovative technology to meet the performance requirements of global automotive manufacturing who are stepping up vehicle entertainment systems for sophisticated consumers," said Maloney.

Old 05-06-2008, 07:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: D&M Holdings and Visteon 'Tune Up' the All-new 2009 Dodge Challenger

Well... there you are Jeremiah. Hows that for quality sound
Old 05-06-2008, 08:24 AM

Default RE: D&M Holdings and Visteon 'Tune Up' the All-new 2009 Dodge Challenger

No aftermarket needed here.
Old 05-07-2008, 04:59 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: lear4406

Well... there you are Jeremiah. Hows that for quality sound
The 2009 Dodge Challenger will have custom-designed and engineered Boston Acoustics speakers as standard equipment or offered as a factory-installed upgrade option.
I am very much looking forward to that. The environment that cars operate in, you certainly need DSP to help make the sound better. I hope it is standard and not a dealer upgrade.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 05-07-2008, 08:07 PM
Super Moderator

7th May 2008
By Staff Writer

D&M, a provider of stereo amplifiers, AV receivers, tuners, speakers, and Visteon, an automotive supplier, have expanded their relationship to supply Boston Acoustics's branded audio systems to the 2009 Dodge Challenger.
The system will include Boston Acoustics's speakers and Visteon's digital signal processing amplifier. The 2009 Dodge Challenger will have custom-designed and engineered Boston Acoustics speakers as standard equipment or offered as a factory-installed upgrade option.

The 2009 Dodge Challenger will offer an eight-speaker configuration including an eight-inch subwoofer powered by a 368-watt DSP amplifier and a six-speaker configuration powered by a 276-watt DSP amplifier.

Steve Meszaros, vice president of Visteon electronics, said: "Using advanced automotive audio technologies, Visteon and D&M Holdings are creating a dimensional sound stage that can put out as much muscle as this American classic."

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.