Notices
Challenger News This section is only for articles pertaining to, or containing information about the new Dodge Challenger.

Dodge Using Journey To Get Buyers Pacifica Could Not

Old 02-28-2008, 05:00 AM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dodge Using Journey To Get Buyers Pacifica Could Not

Naw dude, I'm with ya on that. I'm sitting here thinking why isn't anyone really pushing the envelope. Why all the same old same old. That isn't how Americans are. We need new designs, new materials.

Hell, there's Carbon fiber, Glass Steel, Aluminum, it seems we could lighten vehicles while keeping them structurally safe and making that much more fun to drive and better mpg's. If we have this myriad of technology before us, why aren't we figuring out how to manufacture good looking, fast, efficient and safe(r) cars?

With ya, Jeremiah!

Old 02-28-2008, 08:11 AM
Super Moderator

I agree that we need to get enthusiasts and designers back into the industry. The problem I'm running into these days with cars besides muscle cars is what to buy in the more practical market. Dodge has the exterior styling and the engines I trust, GM has the interior down and the power, and Ford has the interior and reliability. I so wish Lutz was running Chrysler and doing the interior.

Yankee, you hit the nail on the head. The problem they keep running into is they want to cheap skate their way to things, then after the tenth time they discovered it wasn't enough they finally do it right and its too late.

Skippy, the problem is those materials are expensive. Part of the reason why the Prowler was so expensive was because of the Aluminum body.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 02-28-2008, 12:09 PM
Super Moderator

Good point, aluminum is still consumes a ton of electricity (getting more expensive) to produce....