Notices
Challenger News This section is only for articles pertaining to, or containing information about the new Dodge Challenger.

Goodyear Tires Carry Dodge Challenger SRT8

Old 03-07-2008, 02:27 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Goodyear Tires Carry Dodge Challenger SRT8

Goodyear Tires Carry Dodge Challenger SRT8

Friday, March 07, 2008; Posted: 02:22 PM

AKRON, Ohio, March 7, 2008 /PRNewswire-FirstCall via COMTEX/ -- GT | news | PowerRating | PR Charts -- Reaching back a few decades ago to the popularity of its namesake, the 2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8 becomes available this spring as one of the most anticipated high-performance cars, and it rides on Goodyear tires.

(Logo: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20050204/GTLOGO )

Selected to outfit the new models of the Challenger are Goodyear tires -- either the standard Eagle RS-A all-season tires in a 245/45R20 size, or optional Eagle F1 Supercar tires in a 245/45R20 size up front and 255/45R20 in the rear.

The Eagle RS-A is a popular choice for high-performance automobiles with its unique asymmetric tread design. The ultra-performance tread compound on Goodyear's Eagle F1 Supercar tire helps provide exceptional dry traction and cornering grip.

The 2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8 and its 425 horsepower represent a modern- day tribute to the Hemi Challenger of the 1960s, which also ran on Goodyear tires.

Goodyear tires are original equipment on many vehicles from Acura, Audi, Cadillac, Chevrolet, Chrysler LLC, Ford, GMC, Honda, Hummer, Infiniti, Isuzu, Jeep, Land Rover, Lexus, Mazda, Mercury, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Toyota and Volkswagen. Traditionally, more new vehicles in North America are equipped with Goodyear tires than any other brand.

Goodyear (NYSE: GT ) is one of the world's largest tire companies. The company employs about 70,000 people and manufactures its products in more than 60 facilities in 26 countries around the world. For more information on Goodyear's tires, go to www.goodyeartires.com .

SOURCE The Goodyear Tire and Rubber Company
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 03-07-2008, 02:38 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Goodyear Tires Carry Dodge Challenger SRT8

Well there's some "Good" news. I'm glad to hear that. Since the merger took place, it seems as though Chrysler has been slowly moving away from using Goodyear and using other brands. I for one have had the best luck with Goodyear being able to get over 70K easily out of a set, while having good traction until the end and doing this without making the terrible noises that sets of General and Continentals have given us in the past. If I don't get Goodyear, I get a brand made by Copper. Michelin's tires are expensive and from my observation don't last as long, nor do their different brands they own. I don't like Bridgestone or Firestone as they tend to make a lot of noise and fall apart. I also won't buy them because I blame them for Wilderness issue back in the late 90s. I don't like Continental or General because they wear out too fast and start to make noises when they get about 30K on them. I also like to buy them because they are an American brand and I want to support domestic brands when possible.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 03-07-2008, 03:30 PM

sorry to say I did not have good luck with the Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar tires on the 300SRT-8. even with proper balancing and rotation and alignment, the fronts are shot at 17000 miles...
Old 03-07-2008, 05:17 PM

my '02 Intrepid SXT came new w/ michelins When they were worn out,I put on a set of Cooper Cobras.I think the Coopers
are a much better tire-smoother quieter good looks. Also Cooper is an American company.
Old 03-08-2008, 06:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: tupperware

sorry to say I did not have good luck with the Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar tires on the 300SRT-8. even with proper balancing and rotation and alignment, the fronts are shot at 17000 miles...

That's a major concern when these 20" tires cost almost $300 each. Has anyone had better mileage with the Goodyear all-season tires?
Old 03-08-2008, 07:02 AM

ORIGINAL: tupperware

Has anyone had better mileage with the Goodyear all-season tires?
36,000 miles-plus on my 2000 Mustang and going strong.
Old 03-09-2008, 06:47 AM

I have 17 in. Pirelli P Zero Neros on my Mustang and they are an incredible tire. They even work pretty well in conjunction with the car's TCS activated, in up to 1-2 inches of snow. I've never had Pirellis before, but the car came stock with them and now I couldn't imagine putting anything else on there, as far as all-season hi-po tires goes. My first set lasted me about 44k miles.