Dodge Challenger Forums

Dodge Challenger Forums (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/)
-   Challenger News (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/challenger-news-27/)
-   -   Lost personality (https://dodgechallenger.com/forum/challenger-news-27/lost-personality-2879/)

Cooper 03-25-2008 12:43 PM

RE: Lost personality

ORIGINAL: anthem SS

I understand what you mean but look at it this way, if you get one it will be like a blank canvas.
You can do a total retro theme by copying the stripe packages from the early 70's, it looks like Mopar is going to have some pretty cool accessories (T/A style hood), heck they even did the hardest part - reproduce the flip style "FUEL" door. From what i understand, there is a new "shaker" style hood in the works like on the Mach 1 Mustang a few years back.
The only thing they really left out was a vinyl top option - but i don't think that would go over well nowadays!:)
If your not into the retro thing, you can always leave it stock looking and mod the hell out of the powertrain - sleeper.
Or do what is done alot now, big wheels & tires, sound system, stripper girl decal on back window,(just kidding).
I like it better this way so when i get mine, i don't have to pay for some stuff i'd otherwise change from the factory, but i'm a pretty plain guy anyway.
I agree with you anthem SS, that's what am going to do, hopfully when i buy the R/T, and yeah i'll make sure i wont forget the stipper girl decal [8D]

Thanks, thats the best reply ;)

DSkippy 03-25-2008 05:48 PM

I have to echo Thor77, I say kudos to Dodge for making an attractive looking car for someone who either can't afford or doesn't choose to afford a beast w/ serious growl but still wants attractive sheet metal. The beauty is that all of it allows for so much individualism.

Anthem has a great point too, it represents a blank canvas. I could see the tuner crowd adopting this, and figuring out how to make it (a 6) faster and faster w/ mods etc. to where it can give a run to R/Ts w/ strategically placed budget upgrades.

Again, my only beef w/ Dodge, is why not figure out how to mate a stick w/ the base model. I think they're losing sales, and that's just sad.

lear4406 03-25-2008 05:55 PM

I agree with the statement... they need a manual for the 6. R/T and SRT should not have all the fun. And the power to the rear wheels will increase, and thats a plus for the 0-60 and 1/4 mile times. 0-60 being more important for street use:D

DK challenger 03-26-2008 07:24 AM

i agree with lear4406, if they only offered a auto trans, they would really lose performance, seeing as how automatic's take more power out than the manuals do.

Thor77 03-28-2008 12:56 PM

+1 on a stick for the V6ers. It could be a 5 speed box to save cost. Any car with any sort of enthusiast leanings should have a stick available.

RLSH700 03-28-2008 01:09 PM

This was something that concerns me. The danger of making the SE too similar to the R/T and SRT models in the looks is it will cheapen the feel of the upper models. They should probably offer the crossehair grille on the V6 models, feature a different hood, and probably drop the spoiler making that a V8 model only feature. Give the SE less body cladding and maintain the cladding on the R/T and SRT versions. I also agree that not having a manual on the V6 is a mistake.