Notices
Challenger News This section is only for articles pertaining to, or containing information about the new Dodge Challenger.

Lost personality

Old 03-24-2008, 12:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lost personality

Hi there guys, Well I just visited www.dodge.com and went to the 2009 Challenger page, firstly I know its hot, fast and fabulous otherwise I didn’t visited the website but there are few things that I didn’t like actually..and these things are about the SE, R/T model similarities.

In my opinion I found that Dodge did not give the R/T model enough exterior personality and I guess we all know what R/T means, check it yourself what the SE model has, it has a front spoiler and the aggressive looking hood scoops…and why is that!! [sm=insomnia.gif] What difference does the R/T model have from the SE model? Just the wheels and the gas cap!! This is really bad for the R/T guys…[sm=smiley21.gif]

I know they made all this for some marketing and business things but the good old days had something far more well about car model personality.

Thanks

Old 03-24-2008, 12:32 PM

Default RE: Lost personality

Yeah I would have thought the exterior may have been a little different, maybe a stripe package as well. The front "splitter" if you will, may also be for cooling, as the air gets directed into the grille. Just a thought about the engineers. I doubt a salseman came up with that idea of all the same. Most would just get the most cost effective model. We'll have to see what happens. I know the Mustangs are very similar and items like the driving light grille can easily be installed. (I work for FOrd and have had to do one, or two). In the end I think people will purchase what they can, and when they can. Personally I loved the SRT8, but not the $40K. The R/T looks the part w/o th stripes, so for me that is what I will lean to. Kids woth little monet will gravitate toward the SE, just like the V6 stangs. Although now we can REALLY prsonalize them to make them "OUR OWN"!!!!!
Old 03-24-2008, 01:15 PM

Cooper --- Let's not forget the R/T comes with a Hemi motor and a six-speed. That is a HUGE difference...
Old 03-24-2008, 01:16 PM
Super Moderator

Yeah, I'm sure you'll be able to hear and see the difference at the light!

Old 03-24-2008, 03:46 PM

ORIGINAL: DamnSkippy

Yeah, I'm sure you'll be able to hear and see the difference at the light!
But not for long............[sm=gears.gif]
Old 03-24-2008, 04:15 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Cooper

Hi there guys, Well I just visited www.dodge.com and went to the 2009 Challenger page, firstly I know its hot, fast and fabulous otherwise I didn’t visited the website but there are few things that I didn’t like actually..and these things are about the SE, R/T model similarities.

In my opinion I found that Dodge did not give the R/T model enough exterior personality and I guess we all know what R/T means, check it yourself what the SE model has, it has a front spoiler and the aggressive looking hood scoops…and why is that!! [sm=insomnia.gif] What difference does the R/T model have from the SE model? Just the wheels and the gas cap!! This is really bad for the R/T guys…[sm=smiley21.gif]

I know they made all this for some marketing and business things but the good old days had something far more well about car model personality.

Thanks

See if this helps with your comparison of the RT and SE Challenger: http://www.dodge.com/en/pdf/buyersgu...enger_2009.pdf
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 03-24-2008, 10:37 PM

ORIGINAL: lew showrank

Cooper --- Let's not forget the R/T comes with a Hemi motor and a six-speed. That is a HUGE difference...
Guys please, i only mentioned the exterior look and design not the mechanical things such as the engine and the trans.
Old 03-24-2008, 10:40 PM

Thanks Jeremiah, actually am talking about the exterior look not the mechanical things, and yeah thanks again for the pictures in the pdf it helped me make sure that Dodge made some sort of a mistake, to me that is...

Old 03-25-2008, 08:25 AM

I understand what you mean but look at it this way, if you get one it will be like a blank canvas.
You can do a total retro theme by copying the stripe packages from the early 70's, it looks like Mopar is going to have some pretty cool accessories (T/A style hood), heck they even did the hardest part - reproduce the flip style "FUEL" door. From what i understand, there is a new "shaker" style hood in the works like on the Mach 1 Mustang a few years back.
The only thing they really left out was a vinyl top option - but i don't think that would go over well nowadays!
If your not into the retro thing, you can always leave it stock looking and mod the hell out of the powertrain - sleeper.
Or do what is done alot now, big wheels & tires, sound system, stripper girl decal on back window,(just kidding).
I like it better this way so when i get mine, i don't have to pay for some stuff i'd otherwise change from the factory, but i'm a pretty plain guy anyway.
Old 03-25-2008, 12:36 PM

I think it's cool that they made the SE so good looking. Does not have the spoiler, but that's pretty much a coinflip anyway. I kinda like it without. This in no way changes my intention of getting the R/T. If you are getting the R/T, you are doing it for the V8. If you want an awesome looking car with a V6, the SE is a solid choice.

Quick Reply: Lost personality