Notices
Challenger News This section is only for articles pertaining to, or containing information about the new Dodge Challenger.

'Lucky Chance' for Challenger - TV show

Old 05-27-2008, 02:40 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 'Lucky Chance' for Challenger - TV show

THis will be cool seeing a TV show with a Challenger until ours arrives.

'Lucky Chance' for Challenger - TV show

In This Year's Upfront, It's All About Branded Entertainment
Marketers Get More Engagement With Content While Networks Can Charge More for Exclusive Relationships

By Andrew Hampp

A new deal-making process is grabbing attention during the biggest buying time of the TV season: Branded-entertainment conversations are taking precedence over large-volume prime-time bookings this upfront.

To get that $16 billion in cable- and broadcast-TV upfront dollars on the table, the networks are increasingly offering marketers the option to meld their brands' DNA into a story or cause that captures an audience's interest. And that might be a good idea: With ratings steadily declining and commercial ratings entering their second year as the upfront metric of choice, networks and marketers often fight a losing battle to keep viewers hooked during ad breaks. Branded entertainment is an increasingly attractive solution, giving marketers more engagement with products and allowing networks to charge more for exclusive relationships.

If you need convincing, look no further than Ben Silverman.

To allow time to secure long-term integrations with ad clients, NBC's co-president of entertainment took his network's 65-week program schedule to buyers a month ahead of time this year, dubbing his strategy an "infront." It's already generated a deal with General Motors that will integrate two of its new vehicles into the fall series "My Own Worst Enemy," starring Christian Slater.

Now, a trio of branded-entertainment deals on cable is adding further oomph to the upfront's status as a place for detailed marketing partnerships. GM has another deal with Discovery Communications, and Chrysler's Dodge, AT&T and Lowes have all committed to projects.

'Lucky Chance' for Challenger

TNT and Dodge will pair up in July for "Lucky Chance," a branded microseries produced by Espionage and Omnicom Group's Full Circle Entertainment. The 20-part series follows an undercover Drug Enforcement Agency agent named Lucky Chance who uses his 2009 Dodge Challenger to transport $50 million in four days to a mob boss threatening to blackmail him for a crime he didn't commit. The project began as a script written by Pete Pepe of Espionage and jointly developed with Full Circle, which pitched it to Turner as a branded mini-series. Linda Yaccarino, Turner Entertainment's exec VP-ad sales and marketing, said the project was developed through the same process as any of the network's other original dramas, with directors, writers, producers and ad clients all involved from day one. Consequently, AT&T also came onboard as an integrated sponsor for its global positioning system and will help Dodge cross-promote the series through on-air spots.

Dodge is using "Lucky Chance" as a launchpad for its national Challenger campaign, which will roll out later this year. Mark Spencer, senior manager of Dodge Communications, said the brand likely will use alternate footage from the "Lucky Chance" shoot as content for the car's other TV spots and online video ads.

Robert Riesenberg, president-CEO of Full Circle Entertainment, helped negotiate the Dodge and AT&T deal and, as the producer of "Chance," was able to change the traditional agency role in branded entertainment. As an Omnicom-affiliated production company, Full Circle offers projects to the holding company's brands on a first-look basis with a limited response window before offering it up to other agencies. Although Omnicom agency PHD was able to offer Dodge, Mr. Riesenberg ventured to WPP Group's Mediaedge:cia for AT&T.

In addition to its new NBC pact, GM has agreed to a marketing partnership with Discovery that will make its debut on the Planet Green network, which launches in 50 million homes on June 4. GM
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 05-27-2008, 04:36 PM

Default RE: 'Lucky Chance' for Challenger - TV show

I almost wish they wouldn't advertise it at all. I'll be bitter if I see someone driving a challenger who goes "hey check out this car I went out and bought after seeing it on some tv show" meanwhile I've been waiting 2 years!!!!!
Old 05-27-2008, 04:48 PM
Super Moderator

Justinec101, just so I understand where you are coming from, what about if they buy it after they see yours.

How would you feel about that?
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 05-27-2008, 06:20 PM
Super Moderator

But Justinec, wouldn't you be happy that someone else found the passion for the Challenger and was able to enjoy it? It's it more important that they found it as opposed to how they found out about it? Advertising like this is very effective, remember what the movie Twister did for the Ram (and indirectly did for the Caravans) back in the mid 90s?

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 05-28-2008, 06:43 PM

Well I was mostly joking. . . I just mean like with the camaro it showed up in transformers so there will be people who just have it because it's popular, not because it's a great car or whatever. Jealous that the wait for them was only a couple months from seeing it to getting one meanwhile I've been waiting 2 years. That said there's people who've been waiting for another challenger since 1975 so they probably feel the same way towards me
Old 05-29-2008, 02:45 PM

whatever happened to the Fat and the Furriest 4 thing for the Challenger?
I know for a fact the Camaro sales will double because of Transformers.
Come on Dodge get the Challenger in a popular movie!