Notices
Challenger News This section is only for articles pertaining to, or containing information about the new Dodge Challenger.

New Challenger Badge?

Old 09-22-2006, 04:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Challenger Badge?

Found this in another forum. Not sure what to make of it.
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=116894
Old 09-22-2006, 04:49 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: New Challenger Badge?

I think what they are refering to is the SRT line. I know they said Super Sport, but they are not the most accurate outlet when it comes to concept vehicles. Either that or they were getting the Camaro and the Challenger confused. If anyone knows about a supposive Challenger SS concept, please tell me.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 09-22-2006, 05:06 PM

Be a little wierd to introduce a subset concept of a current concept just recently announced for production huh?
Old 09-22-2006, 05:28 PM
Super Moderator

I just looked around on the Internet and found nothing about it. If I remember correctly the declaration of the SRT version of either the Caliber or Charger came out before the car was actually released. It wouldn't be the first time this has happened. I doubt the existence of an SS model, but I will be pleasantly surprised if they do offer such a model.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first to 2000 posts

Old 09-22-2006, 07:01 PM
Super Moderator

Unless, they are really messed up, I do not think they are gettting it confused with the Camaro since the whole article has to do the the Hemi and Nitro.

The Semi show is on Oct. 31 - Nov. 3, 2006 and so in 5 weeks we will know what there plans are for sure on a SuperSport version.

I kinda excited and curious about what Dodge has up their sleeve......maybe nothing but we'll see.

IL Insider: Hemi-Powered Dodge Nitro Charges in to SEMA

Date posted: 09-22-2006

SAN DIEGO — Dodge is preparing two hot-rod versions of its new Nitro SUV for the annual fall SEMA show in Las Vegas, including a Hemi-powered edition with 22-inch wheels and tires.

A Dodge Challenger Super Sport concept also will be unveiled at SEMA, but Chrysler declined to provide details.

Senior Design Manager Dennis Myles said Dodge will install a modified 5.7-liter Hemi V8 in the first SEMA Nitro, as well as a Tremec five-speed gearbox, Brembo brakes and 22-inch Alcoa wheels.

The idea, Myles said, is to create "an all-out performance" version. "We want to stir up and stimulate thinking about the Nitro," he said.

The Hemi-powered SEMA Nitro will be painted in black-purple metallic, with a two-tone black and slate-gray interior, according to Myles. A lower aero body kit will include new fascias, wheel arches and side sills. The cabin will sport four bucket seats from the Viper.

A second Nitro conversion — both are being done in-house — will be a white Mopar-themed panel wagon with special graphics on the sides. The rear seats will be removed and a sliding load floor installed to accommodate surfboards and other large gear.

What this means to you: The Nitro Hemi sounds like fun, but we're more interested in the Challenger SS "concept of the concept."
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 09-22-2006, 07:05 PM
Administrator

they also displayed a charger coupe at SEMA...
Old 09-22-2006, 09:03 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: 1 Bad Mirada

they also displayed a charger coupe at SEMA...
Which Charger coupe? The original, the 80s model, or a concept that never happened?

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first to 2000 posts

Old 09-22-2006, 09:32 PM
Administrator

SEMA is just for people to bring parts and custom stuff...someone had an LX charger, made into a coupe
Old 09-22-2006, 10:03 PM
Super Moderator

So it isn't a place were they only bring offical concepts and models. It is just a place for people with an imagination.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first to 2000 posts

Old 09-22-2006, 10:32 PM
Administrator

correct..but those people with imaginations general include companies like SVT, SRT, etc...

Quick Reply: New Challenger Badge?