Notices
Challenger News This section is only for articles pertaining to, or containing information about the new Dodge Challenger.

The New Chrysler Website

Old 08-06-2007, 06:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The New Chrysler Website

Things have been moving very fast for the Chrysler Group since May when news of the sale to Cerberus Capital Management first came out. There have been many questions and much speculation as to what the future of Chrysler would hold as it continues to make strides in the ever-shifting and increasingly competitive domestic car market.

Well, the deal is finalized and The New Chrysler is now, once again, an American company. To usher in this new era, we are pleased to announce the launch of a new Chrysler Corporate Website, click here.

This new website contains a great deal of information on the new company, be it details pertaining to the new Lifetime Powertrain Warranty or what to expect from their partnership with Cerberus. I would highly recommend taking a look at Chrysler’s new “manifesto,” which outlines their strategy for the next hundred years.

This is also where to go to find out “What’s Next” for Chrysler products and technology. They have information on the 2008 Dodge Challenger and the future of Chrysler’s Hybrid Hemi, FlexFuel and Diesel engines.

These are very exciting times for Chrysler and this is the best place to stay on top of the latest happenings as they develop. In the mean time, I’d be happy to answer any questions I can.

Thanks everyone let me know if I can help.

Sean T.
Chrysler Online Dialogue Representative
Old 08-06-2007, 11:47 AM

Default RE: The New Chrysler Website

Wow that's cool that you're here!
I feel loved.
#1: I want a 'Cuda version of the Dodge Challenger!
#2: I want a shaker hood!!!

Old 08-06-2007, 06:02 PM

haha!, thanks for posting that Dodgeinfo Center, we hope that Chrysler keeps the Enthusiast in mind when they are putting the final touches on the Challenger
Old 08-06-2007, 06:54 PM
Super Moderator

I think it has been over a year since we last heard from you guys. Please keep us posted more often.

Thanks!!!!!
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 08-06-2007, 08:49 PM

Personally, I feel a lot better having read the manifesto and seeing that it notes the return of the Dodge Challenger. Thank God the new ownership didn't kill it!!!!
Old 08-07-2007, 07:39 AM

ORIGINAL: Jeremiah 29:11

I think it has been over a year since we last heard from you guys. Please keep us posted more often.

Thanks!!!!!
Thanks for the warm reception, everybody. Chrysler is putting a lot more resources into connecting with it's consumers, so you can expect to see a lot more of me.

So long as I'm welcome, that is.

I will make sure to keep you guys updates on all of the goings-on, but also be sure to check out the new website as that will have a lot of information on any new developments.

- Sean T.
Old 08-07-2007, 02:24 PM

Great to hear from an actual Chrysler representative, it's nice to know SOMEONE is out there listening to the customers

Many of us here probably already have heard these questions asked before, but if you could answer these questions, or at least elaborate. We've heard all sorts of rumors, but hopefully you can either confirm or deny them at least.

- When the Challenger debuts, what engines and transmissions will be available? We've heard only the V8s will be available at first. Is this true? If so, when will a V6 become available? In case you don't know by now, many of us here would like an actual honest-to-god 6-speed manual transmission (with clutch and all), at least as an option. Sorry, the "autostick" just won't do.

- What will be different from the concept and the production car? Will the "6-shooter" lights surrounding the high-beam headlights actually see production? (and by the way... what are those lights actually for? For looks? Daytime running lights? I think they're way cool, don't misunderstand... but so far no one here has been able to state their actual purpose, if they even have one).

- Do you have any idea of an actual MSRP? While we're talking MSRP, please do what you can to advise Dodge dealers NOT to do what Pontiac dealers did when the GTO came out - ridiculous markups, Fort Knox-style security around them, not allowing test drives without a substantial deposit... you get the idea. I know the initial attention will be enormous, but most people that want these cars are simple folk like myself, so please don't allow the dealers to get greedy (well, TOO greedy) and price it beyond our means.

We're ready for this car, Sean. Any more info that you're allowed to throw our way would be greatly appreciated.
Old 08-07-2007, 02:27 PM

Hi there,
Just wondering if there was a reason that there is absolutely no mention of or link to anything about the Challenger on the front page of dodge.com??

If Memory serves, there used to at least a banner right there on the home page... just makes me nervous that I had to actually use the sites search engine to even find anything on the Challenger.

Strikes me as the kind of thing a company might do if they were still undecided on a product, but felt that they needed to at least acknowledge it's existence or possible existence..
Old 08-07-2007, 02:36 PM

It's still there, Chill, you have to click on the arrow to the right to access it. Guess Chrysler is so hot promoting the new 08 Caravan and their new warranty (and new ownership) that the Challenger link has taken a back seat for now. Hopefully not for long, though...
Old 08-07-2007, 02:41 PM

Must have missed it, should I have been using a telescope to see it
ORIGINAL: Yankee

It's still there, Chill, you have to click on the arrow to the right to access it. Guess Chrysler is so hot promoting the new 08 Caravan and their new warranty (and new ownership) that the Challenger link has taken a back seat for now. Hopefully not for long, though...

Quick Reply: The New Chrysler Website