Notices
Challenger News This section is only for articles pertaining to, or containing information about the new Dodge Challenger.

Quick blurb from Big Smoke @ Redletterdodge

Old 11-13-2007, 06:55 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quick blurb from Big Smoke @ Redletterdodge

http://www.redletterdodge.com/2007/1...egas/#more-245

Smoke'em if ya got'em

I particularly like the mfg tag and date 11/3/05. Wow! Just a couple more months!

Old 11-14-2007, 04:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Quick blurb from Big Smoke @ Redletterdodge

Those are some real close up shots. As close as I've seen anyone get. What a bunch of lucky guys, to be able to get that close to a Challenger Concept. (sigh) Just a short year I keep telling myself. I'm glad I have my 71 Challenger, I don't know how you guys do it who are Challenger-less. We all find ways to deal with our wants. I have also bought memorabilia in place of the real thing. Its nice to find new and interesting bits of the Challenger wave. And I get to talk to you guys and gals about the old and new.
Old 11-14-2007, 06:08 AM
Super Moderator

The originals are sweet.

Old 11-14-2007, 07:22 AM
Super Moderator

Update to this post in a barely related fashion. If you see the delightful (yet amorphous) female form blurred in the background of the headlight close up, I'd say a better than average chance that one of these beuaties is featured here....as they are referencing the Cigar named after the "Dodge Challenger"

http://www.stogieguys.com/2007/11/11...las-vegas.html

Fine curves not featured on a Challenger and not featured on the redletter sight!

Old 11-14-2007, 08:46 AM

Curb weight of 4,160 lbs.??? I hope this battleship/concept goes on a diet and the production model's curb weight has a 3 in front of it and not a 4...

ORIGINAL: DamnSkippy

Smoke'em if ya got'em

I particularly like the mfg tag and date 11/3/05. Wow! Just a couple more months!
Old 11-14-2007, 09:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As posted on the Dodge Charger Forums... An SRT-8 (stock) Charger ran at the drag strip a LS2 GTO in the 1/4 mile. With the Charger giving up 1000 lbs, the Charger out ran the GTO to the 1/4 mile mark. It was a true drivers race and the finish was close. But with the power of the HEMI and a give away of 1000 lbs... it came down to a drivers race. So with the 6-speed and a slightly lighter body (Challenger) I see no problem in the future for our little Sow. I think the SRT8 will hold its own, can somebody give me a sooowwweee
Old 11-14-2007, 12:41 PM

I agree the SRT-8 will definitely "hold its own", no doubt. Up until now I was actually thinking about the possibility of going with the 5.7 liter motor when it is finally available in the `09s, but even with 50 more horses than my stock Mustang GT (350 compared to 300) it still has a less desirable pounds/horsepower rating.

GT: 3,483 lbs at 300 HP = 11.61 (http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2...22/138160.html)
R/T (?): 4,160 lbs at 350 HP = 11.89
SRT-8: 4,160 lbs at 425 = 9.79 (NOW THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKIN ABOUT FOLKS!)

I fully realize I'm splitting hairs here, but facts is facts.... For me it's probably gonna end up being SRT or bust.

PS: "sooowwweee"

ORIGINAL: lear4406

As posted on the Dodge Charger Forums... An SRT-8 (stock) Charger ran at the drag strip a LS2 GTO in the 1/4 mile. With the Charger giving up 1000 lbs, the Charger out ran the GTO to the 1/4 mile mark. It was a true drivers race and the finish was close. But with the power of the HEMI and a give away of 1000 lbs... it came down to a drivers race. So with the 6-speed and a slightly lighter body (Challenger) I see no problem in the future for our little Sow. I think the SRT8 will hold its own, can somebody give me a sooowwweee
Old 11-15-2007, 02:31 AM
Super Moderator

Albeeno, where'd the curb weight figure come from? Was this in the article or a non sequitur? My point, is where did the figure come from? Maybe, I'm just a RIF candidate! ;-)

I was curious as to where it was coming from, because if it were based on the LX frame I'm sure it's going lose some weight just in inches lopped out, right?

Old 11-15-2007, 05:11 PM
Super Moderator

4160 is the weight of the concept car.

The LY platform will not be out until 2010. The 2008 and 2009 will be the LX platform.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 11-16-2007, 04:09 AM

Fifth picture down in the far left column:

ORIGINAL: DamnSkippy

Albeeno, where'd the curb weight figure come from? Was this in the article or a non sequitur? My point, is where did the figure come from? Maybe, I'm just a RIF candidate! ;-)

I was curious as to where it was coming from, because if it were based on the LX frame I'm sure it's going lose some weight just in inches lopped out, right?

Quick Reply: Quick blurb from Big Smoke @ Redletterdodge