Notices
Challenger News This section is only for articles pertaining to, or containing information about the new Dodge Challenger.

RLD 08/09 news

Old 04-02-2008, 11:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RLD 08/09 news

RLD Dealer Bob
It’s hard to believe, but the day that many, myself included, have been waiting for is only a few weeks away! The day is coming when the first Production ‘08 Dodge Challenger SRT8 will roll off the line!

The wait is just about over- The first ones should start to hit showrooms by the end of April or early May. Unbelievable!
If you’re one of the lucky few who’s getting an ‘08, congratulations!

I’ve enjoyed being a part of the Dodge blog RLD so far- it’s fun to interact with all of you fellow Challenger fans and hear what your desires are for the ’09’s and beyond.

With the introduction of the ‘09 Challenger Models at the New York Show, many of the questions that you had were answered, in fact some that I had were answered as well. Three models were unveiled,one for every budget and I think we’re all pretty impressed with each of them. Whether it’s a 3.5 V6 powered SE, a new VVT 5.7 Hemi R/T,or a 425 Horsepower SRT8, it seems like Dodge has us covered. My personal favorite of all has to be the optional 6-Speed Manual with a Pistol Grip shifter in the R/T and SRT8’s!

Like I’ve said in many of my comments here on RLD- Keep your comments and suggestions coming!

Even though everyone has their own opinion, one thing thing seems to be pretty much universally agreed upon: We want to be able to individualize our Challengers right from the factory- From all the original Hi-Impact colors, a few at a time, phased in and out, available on all models several times per year, to stripe choices, to special equipment like Hood Pins, Shaker Hood, Tuff Steering Wheel, more wheel choices, Convertible etc.

‘09 Challenger pricing and ordering info should be out sometime in May, so get ready!
So it sounds like they have not started the line just yet....

I also hope that '09 pricing and ordering info is coming out sooner then May.
Old 04-06-2008, 01:19 PM
Super Moderator

Default Red Letter Dodge - Bob Returns: Dealer Pumped for Coming ‘08 Production, ‘09 Rollout

Even though everyone has their own opinion, one thing thing seems to be pretty much universally agreed upon: We want to be able to individualize our Challengers right from the factory- From all the original Hi-Impact colors, a few at a time, phased in and out, available on all models several times per year, to stripe choices, to special equipment like Hood Pins, Shaker Hood, Tuff Steering Wheel, more wheel choices, Convertible etc.
I guess they are listening and will get what we want.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 04-07-2008, 09:45 AM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Red Letter Dodge - Bob Returns: Dealer Pumped for Coming ‘08 Production, ‘09 Rollout

ORIGINAL: Jeremiah 29:11

I hope they are serious about the shaker hood and that it actually does take air in for a Ram-Air effect.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 04-07-2008, 11:43 AM

Default RE: Red Letter Dodge - Bob Returns: Dealer Pumped for Coming ‘08 Production, ‘09 Rollout

Is Red Letter Dodge some kind of special Dodge dealer? In what way? Why is it featured on the Dodge web site?
I guess it's likely that Dodge does know what we want, because this dealer sure does.
Old 04-07-2008, 12:00 PM

ORIGINAL: Billionaire

Is Red Letter Dodge some kind of special Dodge dealer? In what way? Why is it featured on the Dodge web site?
I guess it's likely that Dodge does know what we want, because this dealer sure does.
Actually, Bob Fredricks is a dealer whom Dodge has chosen as a sort of rep. on Dodge's "Red Letter Dodge" newsletter page for anyone in question.
Old 04-07-2008, 12:51 PM

ORIGINAL: Jeremiah 29:11

I think Dodge is listening to what customers are saying. I read on Red Letter Dodge that the design teams are taking into consideration color suggestions-- and that they will try to offer the most requested colors in the next couple of years:

http://www.redletterdodge.com/2008/0...rsonalization/

Old 04-08-2008, 02:55 AM

Your icon made me think for a few seconds that I had a bug on my screen. Is that the purpose of it? I was all ready to get some tissue to get it off.
I had to scroll the page up and down to make sure it was just a graphic.
Old 04-08-2008, 09:37 AM

Any idea on 09 pricing for the SRT8?

Since 09 will not be considered limited production as well as different 09 entry levels (SE in the 20s and RT in the 30s/with no/little gas guzzler tax and full warrantee), I anticipate (hope) that the MSRP will not go up as well as the gouging will end or at least be reduced

What do you think?

Eric
Old 04-08-2008, 11:16 AM

ORIGINAL: Overpowered

Any idea on 09 pricing for the SRT8?

Since 09 will not be considered limited production as well as different 09 entry levels (SE in the 20s and RT in the 30s/with no/little gas guzzler tax and full warrantee), I anticipate (hope) that the MSRP will not go up as well as the gouging will end or at least be reduced

What do you think?

Eric
I would think pricing for the '09 SRT would stay the same as the '08. I would anticipate the dealers trying to get as much money out of it as they can. For that matter I would say that all '09 Challengers are going to have dealers at least trying to mark them up a little bit. I would assume it's not going to be 5k over but who knows.
Old 04-09-2008, 07:14 AM

If they do go over msrp, i will not buy one.