Notices
Dodge Challenger R/T Threads specific to the Dodge Challenger R/T should be placed here.

Best Runs with Manual R/Ts?

Old 03-07-2009, 08:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Best Runs with Manual R/Ts?

That's a great pic. The car looks fantastic with the front end reared up like that. I wish they would have made it more level like the original Challengers were instead of patterning the stance after the old T/A models.
Old 03-08-2009, 02:54 PM

Congrats on havin a wonderful time,and you did great since like you said that you haven,t staged or ran the drags in years. If you wouldn,t have gone,it would have been eating at you. Don,t ever say you will NEVER go back.You have gotten a taste of the drags. It becomes contagious.
Old 03-08-2009, 06:35 PM

I tried to change my login name today . And think I elemanted it. I have changed to KyChallengerR/T6spd now . Yes I know about saying never . If I had some slick's to run . I'll be Back . As the Termanator said in the movie. sounds like you have been to Beech Bend Dragway . Are you from Ky.
Old 03-11-2009, 06:23 PM

Wink

No,I am not from Ky.,but my wife has some relatives in Bowling Green.I,ve been wantin to go to BB,but haven,t yet.I know about it cause any gearhead worth is weight in salt,knows about that legendary strip of asphalt.
Old 03-11-2009, 07:04 PM

Default Beech Bend Dragway

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
No,I am not from Ky.,but my wife has some relatives in Bowling Green.I,ve been wantin to go to BB,but haven,t yet.I know about it cause any gearhead worth is weight in salt,knows about that legendary strip of asphalt.
I ran the first Challenger R/T I had back in 71 there . Then for several years with the Black Buick Skylark GS Stage One I had . I think it was in 75 the last time I ran there till running the R/T this past Sat. It hasn't changed much in all those years. The ammusment park has grown alot.
Old 03-21-2009, 07:54 PM

Default 2 nd time at the track this year

I was at Beech Bend Dragway in Bowling Green Ky. ( 1/4 mile ) last Sat . at Test and Tune . Could not get any traction at all . Best 1/4 mile time was 14.90 taking off at idle and still no traction. I ran at a 1/8th mile track only today . At Ohio Valley Raceway just south of Louisville Ky. They ran last Sat. also. So the track was better . But was such a crowd I only got in two passes. Noon to 5 pm . It rained about time I was to leave home to meet other members of our Central Ky. Mopar Club there. For a cook out and fun afternoon. But it had only rained in my area for a few min. But I had pulled the car out of the garage and it got wet . So I wiped it down and left after the road had dried . Got there around 1 pm . Had a great afternoon . I have never owned a car . That Chevy , Ford and anything up and including Top fuel drive's loved to look at and a thumb's up . And came to talk to me after each run. The Challenger put on a show on the first pass. Tire's at normal pressure . ESP completely off. But I didn't get on it till I moved a little . But same thing . As several put it I blowed the tire's off till I let off of it in the light's. One guy said the time wasn't good . But Dam what a show. And looking good doing it. And that was racer running a very fast car telling me that. ET was 10.70 at 72 mph. They had seveal clean up's of the track from fast car's. So I talked and ate from the outdoor grill our club president had brought. And furnished the food. A really nice guy. One of the member's who has a restored B 5 blue 1970 Challenger R/T 440 6 pack 4 speed. Had just added to his collection a brand new Red Challenger SRT 6 speed to his stable. And drove it to our meeting . But I couldn't talk him into running it . He is a retired State Trooper. So if he feel's the need for speed he has several choice's. Think his wife helped influnce this latest purchase after seeing my R/T last Nov. when I went to a car show . Nice people. Time for a 2nd pass and my last. I let the air down in the rear to 25 lb. Traction contol on first setting. Took off at about 1500 rpm and pedaled the throttle . Still lot's of wheel spin taking off and turning the tire's over at each gear change though 4th and 5th in the lights. ET 9.60 at 75 mph. Everyone that had enjoyed the 1st pass so much . Said with any improvement in street tire's I'd be close to mid 8's or less. I won't run again till I know I have better traction. I felt much better today at this track . More of the 35 years of rust since the last time I had a car that would run blown away. fun level off the meter.