Notices
Dodge Challenger R/T Threads specific to the Dodge Challenger R/T should be placed here.

Best time to buy

Old 12-08-2008, 10:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Best time to buy

Got an easy fix for those civilian pukes who ignore you. Go to your bank and get about 10 or 12 fresh $1000 bills. Walk into the dealership with them sticking out of you shirt pocket and annouce I am a disabled combat vet and want to buy a car. Who wants the honor of selling it to me?

You will get more then enough attention.
Old 12-08-2008, 10:34 AM

Actually, they quit making $1,000s several years ago. I'm not even sure about $500s anymore, either. But a large wad of hundreds wouldl work nicely.

In all honesty, though, I would never hint to a dealer that I'm paying cash. Wait till you're with the finance manager and when that person asks, "And how can we help you finance this?" Casually say, "Oh, I'm paying cash." The look on their face is always priceless, as you can tell they're seeing a big pile of bills sprout wings and fly away.
Old 12-08-2008, 10:37 AM

They may not make them but they are available. I got a few in a lock box. Just in case.
Old 12-08-2008, 10:39 AM

haha oh yea. My mom has told me stories of back in the day of being able to walk into a dealer with a suitcase full of cash. I havent told me dealer anything yet. What I am, how much I make, how much I am putting down, nothing. All he knows is I am using USAA and he has pretty much told me to name a price. This should be fun come the end of this month
Old 12-08-2008, 10:39 AM

Wait a minute. That was Maverick who always had a $1,000 bill pinned inside his shirt, NOT Paladin.

Old 12-08-2008, 10:45 AM

ok heres a big question. Not wanting to tell the dealer how much I want to put down etc I am going the route of factory order. At the end of this month I want to put money down and order it. Would i then be able to put more down when it arrives or am i screwed on that aspect
Old 12-08-2008, 10:54 AM

I imagine your dealer will want something (deposit) to place the order. After the car arrives and you're ready to take possession, you can provide additional money as down payment and include your deposit in that down payment if you like.

Hope that answers your question.
Old 12-08-2008, 12:07 PM

If you really want attention take one of those $1000 bills and go to a strip joint with that baby pasted to your forehead.

ORIGINAL: Paladin06

Got an easy fix for those civilian pukes who ignore you. Go to your bank and get about 10 or 12 fresh $1000 bills. Walk into the dealership with them sticking out of you shirt pocket and annouce I am a disabled combat vet and want to buy a car. Who wants the honor of selling it to me?

You will get more then enough attention.
Old 12-08-2008, 12:31 PM

I forgot to mention, we do have some dirty old men in the area.
Old 12-08-2008, 12:57 PM

Doesnt bother me one bit

Also sounds good. I was planning on putting a good bit down and when it comes in another couple of G's. Wont even tell them how much till needed.

Then once I do get it I will take that $1,000 bill idea and my new car and head on over to the local house of debauchery and sin haha.

Next year is going to be epic[sm=icon_rock.gif]

Quick Reply: Best time to buy