Notices
Dodge Challenger R/T Threads specific to the Dodge Challenger R/T should be placed here.

Challenger emblem in grille , How does it attach

Old 02-26-2009, 08:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Challenger emblem in grille , How does it attach

I had to have the grille replaced recently due to ice falling from power line and busting it up. The body shop pulled the nose off to do the replacement . I noticed today when I washed the car . The Challenger emblem is loose on the end toward the center of the car. I could pull it out 3/4 of a inch . Looked like some plastic clip's molded to the emblem. I know someone replaced it with the Script Challenger emblem. How doe's the stock emblem attach. Does it snap in or what.
Old 02-26-2009, 09:24 PM

Default RE: Challenger emblem in grille , How does it attach

There are two types of script emblems available: One with prongs that would fit into a 1970 grille and one that is a stick-on that can be used on the body or on the grille. Although I had both models, I went with the stick-on variety because there was no way to get my hand behind the grille without disassembling a fair amount of the front of the car. So far, the stick-on badge is staying stuck. Oh ... one other thing: I put my script badge on the driver's side of the grille, like the insignia was on the 70 model. It looks a lot better.
Old 02-27-2009, 03:49 AM

I did the same Roswell and it looks great. I also did it on the rear spoiler with an R/T and both fenders. I also put the old pentastar at the bottom of the right fender like the early Mopars.
Old 02-27-2009, 04:46 AM

I want to keep the stock Challenger emblem. Mine is either broke or not put on right. If I pull it off . You are saying the front end . Has to be taken off to put a new one on . The emblem doesn't snap on then . I'm beginning to get pissed at the work they have done. The grille seem's loose also.
Old 02-27-2009, 04:53 AM

It simply snaps off. Grab it at both ends and give a little pull.

ORIGINAL: BkChallenger09R/T

I want to keep the stock Challenger emblem. Mine is either broke or not put on right. If I pull it off . You are saying the front end . Has to be taken off to put a new one on . The emblem doesn't snap on then . I'm beginning to get pissed at the work they have done. The grille seem's loose also.
Old 02-27-2009, 08:47 AM

After checking on the price of a replacement . $50.00 at the parts . I went to the body shop at the dealer and showed it to them . They said it needed to be replaced with a new one . And would order it . There is no way that emblem should cost that much . I also checked on the price of the forged SRT wheel's. About a $1000.00 a wheel . No wonder a SRT cost more. But I think the wheel's ( 20" chrome clad ) that are on my Challenger cost over $500.00 each.
Old 02-27-2009, 05:22 PM

[] Man,that ice has a death wish on your car man.Hope spring gets here quick.[]
Old 02-27-2009, 10:42 PM

I have the SRT, and challenger emblems from my grill, and I dont think I will ever reuse them. I also have the SRT8 wheels, and 3 are like new, and one has some scuff marks on the very rim I can get out with the lathe. The wheels come with very well worn F1 super tires. I was offered 1200 for the wheels, but at the time I had not found new ones. I would still take 1200, and throw in the emblems.

I will be posting on eBay soon because I would just end up storing them for the rest of my life.
Old 02-28-2009, 08:27 AM

The body shop is replacing the emblem free . They may bill the insurance as they should have replaced it when replacing the grille since it was damaged taking it off the old one. As long as it doesn't cost me. I did alot of mod's on the new 71 Challenger R/T 340 I had when I owned it . Engine , Fairbanks Trans , rearend gears . Spoilers and wheels from a T/A . B & M shifter . I don't plan to make any real mod's on this one . K&N drop in filter and painted in the shift patern on shifter. I may think of the SRT wheels . I'd like to get them chromed. Since I'm retired my budget does not leave alot of extra money . But I'll never say never . Thanks for the offer . Every day the sun is shining is a good day. I'm ready for good weather here in Ky.
ORIGINAL: Andre@Edge

I have the SRT, and challenger emblems from my grill, and I dont think I will ever reuse them. I also have the SRT8 wheels, and 3 are like new, and one has some scuff marks on the very rim I can get out with the lathe. The wheels come with very well worn F1 super tires. I was offered 1200 for the wheels, but at the time I had not found new ones. I would still take 1200, and throw in the emblems.

I will be posting on eBay soon because I would just end up storing them for the rest of my life.