Notices
Dodge Challenger R/T Threads specific to the Dodge Challenger R/T should be placed here.

Did Dodge do what Ford did

Old 01-12-2009, 11:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Did Dodge do what Ford did

My sister-in-law had one of those Mustang IIs'. Her then husband has always been a big Ford fan. Hers was a teal green with an orange interior. It was an odd combination. I think it had the base engine with an auto.
Old 01-12-2009, 01:32 PM

ORIGINAL: epegasus

[8D]a bunch of Roswellians, I'd think.
ORIGINAL: telecast76

Wow, the production even went up through the mid-70's original gas crisis years when they were selling those disco Cobra II Mustangs? If it realyl DID go up through all of those years, I wonder who the heck was buying all of them - certainly not performance-oriented people!!
Actually, I never had a Mustang till I got the 2000 (and then only because they'd quit making the REAL Thunderbirds in 97). The only Mustang I ever liked before the body shells from 94 on was the 1970 model (when they finally got rid of the stupid fake air intakes on the sides).

One thing to always remember about the Mustang, though, is that it wasn't originally intended to be a performance car. It was a sports car. I've read where Lee Iacocca was a big fan of the Mustang IIs, because he considered them truer to the original concept.
Old 01-12-2009, 01:59 PM

If you consider a dressed up Pinto a sports car. 2.3 four cylinder. I believe the best motor you could get in a Mustang II was a low performance 302 two barrel. But, I guess the original was a dressed up Falcon. And, I am not putting either one of those models down. They were good to OK for what they were designed for. The Pinto got a bad rap and the Falcon was a good, dependable, economic auto. Also, the first Barracuda was a dressed up Valiant.
Old 01-13-2009, 04:31 PM

Even the Fox body style begining in the late 70's was based on the Monarch.
Old 01-13-2009, 04:39 PM

This car sounds SO BAD A$$!! I have been giving the mother's their rides (my MIL and my mom) and the car totally frightens them. With my mom, in particular, that saying something because she has ridden in quite a few thunder-wagons since she and the ole man started dating 50 years ago!! I'm not even getting on it hard, yet, but when that 6.1 start to breath deep they start grabbing for things . There may not be a pass-through but that is one thin firewall.
Old 01-17-2009, 06:56 PM

That is the hokeyest thing I've heard but I read the same thing and it is the 2010 model. Why didn't they just put a microphone in the engine bay and a volume knob in the dash so you can adjust the sound inside the car to taste. Why not just remove some of the insulation.

ORIGINAL: BkChallenger09R/T

In one of my new Magizines . It talks of the new Mustang . Not sure if 09 or 10 . But they said to make the car sound better to the driver. They put a tube from the engine compartment to the passenger compartment to carry the engine sound without making the exhaust too loud. My 6 speed R/T has a lot of engine sound as you go through the gears. And on the road. But I know it sounds off outside . I've heard it in the garage at the dealer . And Shelby Mustangs rev their engine when they see me . LOL Has Dodge put a sound tube in also ?
Old 01-17-2009, 07:40 PM

I agree Mot250. I think Mustang owner's should tar and feather the guy whol ordered the sound tube. Change the exhaust or something before doing the sound tube. The only sound tubes I see on my R/T 6 speed run out the rear . Where they should. And exhaust coming out .
ORIGINAL: mot250

That is the hokeyest thing I've heard but I read the same thing and it is the 2010 model. Why didn't they just put a microphone in the engine bay and a volume knob in the dash so you can adjust the sound inside the car to taste. Why not just remove some of the insulation.

ORIGINAL: BkChallenger09R/T

In one of my new Magizines . It talks of the new Mustang . Not sure if 09 or 10 . But they said to make the car sound better to the driver. They put a tube from the engine compartment to the passenger compartment to carry the engine sound without making the exhaust too loud. My 6 speed R/T has a lot of engine sound as you go through the gears. And on the road. But I know it sounds off outside . I've heard it in the garage at the dealer . And Shelby Mustangs rev their engine when they see me . LOL Has Dodge put a sound tube in also ?
Old 01-18-2009, 05:14 PM

It was because of the new interior-it was so quiet-Lincoln quiet-that they thought up the sound tube thing. I love my R/T but I am a Mustang fan also. In fact we just picked up a sweet 06 GT convertible for the wife! I'm a fan of both cars so dont be too hard on the Stangs, If it weren't for Ford and the retro Mustang in 05 I'm not sure we'd be enjoying our New Challengers!