Notices
Dodge Challenger R/T Threads specific to the Dodge Challenger R/T should be placed here.

Did Dodge do what Ford did

Old 01-09-2009, 03:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Did Dodge do what Ford did

In one of my new Magizines . It talks of the new Mustang . Not sure if 09 or 10 . But they said to make the car sound better to the driver. They put a tube from the engine compartment to the passenger compartment to carry the engine sound without making the exhaust too loud. My 6 speed R/T has a lot of engine sound as you go through the gears. And on the road. But I know it sounds off outside . I've heard it in the garage at the dealer . And Shelby Mustangs rev their engine when they see me . LOL Has Dodge put a sound tube in also ?
Old 01-09-2009, 08:46 PM

Default RE: Did Dodge do what Ford did

If that's that case, why seal the fire wall....let all the sound and oh by the way the fumes, heat and Carbon Monoxide from the engine compartment directly into the passenger compartment....that's real smart....
There's something missing in this line....details....
"They put a tube from the engine compartment to the passenger compartment to carry the engine sound without making the exhaust too loud."

All I know is that my Challenger doesn't need any type of tube to bring the sweet engine sound to the passenger compartment!!!!
Old 01-10-2009, 03:32 AM

The story on the Mustang said a sound tube. I doubt if it was a open tube . I have the 5.7 in my 6 speed R/T . I drove a automatic . And it sounded just like my wife's 300C or close . I was looking for a bochure at another dealer . Which my local dealer where I drove the automatic hadn't got one for me in months of asking . Looked at a Black Challenger R/T on the showroom floor and saw it had the 6 speed. Drove one on the lot and purchased the Black one on the showroom floor. Dodge for sure has the sound perfect as far as I'm concerened . I haven't got to drive a SRT 8 . The dealers won't let you drive them unless You have purchased them . The local dealer doesn't or I haven't even seen a Challenger period there in over a month. The dealer I purchased at did have some new SRT 8 . Maybe I can get my salesperson to let me drive one . Can't afford the higher cost or lower mpg on a SRT 8 . But I would love to have one . I did try and buy one that had 300 miles on it at my local dealer . A 08 that a guy sold back to dealer after learning he had cancer . Couldn't work out a deal with dealer. I looked at the Mustangs a year ago . Drove a GT stick and almost purchased a Roush at the time. Glad I waited for my Challenger R/T.
Old 01-10-2009, 06:07 AM

I have read several artices in the different automotive press about the 2010 Mustang. My understanding is that the engineers made the car a little too quiet for the marketing staff's interpretation of what the Mustang GT should sound like to the consumer who would buy the car. The fix they came up with was to run a tube from the air intake through the firewall and into the interior to slightly increase the intake noise. In my opinion none of this matters because the Mustang is suposed to get a new engine in 2011. Once again, my opinion is that anyone who really wants a significant change to their Mustang GT other than a nicer interior and a revised exterior will wait for the new engine version of the car. The 2010 model has what is mostly the 2009 Mustang Bullitt engine at 315 horsepower.
Old 01-10-2009, 03:29 PM

I think it was Road and Track on the news stand I looked at tonight showed the tube marked in yellow. Guess my issue is still in the mail. Personally I don't care for the looks of the newst Mustang (2010 ) . But glad the Mustang returened to production . Have to wonder If we'd have the Challenger if it hadn't. So thanks Ford .
ORIGINAL: tskatz

I have read several artices in the different automotive press about the 2010 Mustang. My understanding is that the engineers made the car a little too quiet for the marketing staff's interpretation of what the Mustang GT should sound like to the consumer who would buy the car. The fix they came up with was to run a tube from the air intake through the firewall and into the interior to slightly increase the intake noise. In my opinion none of this matters because the Mustang is suposed to get a new engine in 2011. Once again, my opinion is that anyone who really wants a significant change to their Mustang GT other than a nicer interior and a revised exterior will wait for the new engine version of the car. The 2010 model has what is mostly the 2009 Mustang Bullitt engine at 315 horsepower.
Old 01-10-2009, 06:48 PM

Not to be nit-picky, but the Mustang production has not lapsed for even one year since it was introduced in April 1964.
ORIGINAL: BkChallenger09R/T

I think it was Road and Track on the news stand I looked at tonight showed the tube marked in yellow. Guess my issue is still in the mail. Personally I don't care for the looks of the newst Mustang (2010 ) . But glad the Mustang returened to production . Have to wonder If we'd have the Challenger if it hadn't. So thanks Ford .

Old 01-11-2009, 08:03 PM

Really ! I thought it was out of production for a few years . I never really kept up with what they where doing with the Mustang . After the Mustang II . I didn't pay much attention to them till 2005 . Had never driven one till 2008 . Drove a GT 5 speed . Then almost purchased a Roush 427 R . Or I think that what it was . Had the super charger on it with 435 hp. But decided to wait for the Challenger R/T .
ORIGINAL: mot250

Not to be nit-picky, but the Mustang production has not lapsed for even one year since it was introduced in April 1964.
ORIGINAL: BkChallenger09R/T

Old 01-12-2009, 08:41 AM

Wow, the production even went up through the mid-70's original gas crisis years when they were selling those disco Cobra II Mustangs? If it realyl DID go up through all of those years, I wonder who the heck was buying all of them - certainly not performance-oriented people!!
Old 01-12-2009, 08:57 AM

[8D]a bunch of Roswellians, I'd think.
ORIGINAL: telecast76

Wow, the production even went up through the mid-70's original gas crisis years when they were selling those disco Cobra II Mustangs? If it realyl DID go up through all of those years, I wonder who the heck was buying all of them - certainly not performance-oriented people!!
Old 01-12-2009, 10:26 AM

ORIGINAL: telecast76

I wonder who the heck was buying all of them - certainly not performance-oriented people!!
True but wasn't everyone pretty much making dogs back then? I seem to recall a Chevy 350 block that put out barely 150hp. Downright ugly.

Quick Reply: Did Dodge do what Ford did