Notices
Dodge Challenger R/T Threads specific to the Dodge Challenger R/T should be placed here.

Finally got a "tenative" build date

Old 10-10-2008, 05:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally got a "tenative" build date

Just got off the phone with my dealer and they say that according to their sources my Challenger is slated for an Oct 21st build. ARRRGGGHHH....I was told by the previous sales manager that is was supposed to be a late Sept build. I guess its the slow output of the 6-speed tranny that pushed it back , but that puts me almost a full MONTH behind when I was hoping to get the car. [X(][sm=boohoo.gif][sm=headbang.gif] I am "ALMOST" tempted to go and buy one of the 5 R/T Automatics they have SITTING on their lot just to have one NOW. Here is the Dealer in question FYI Chapman Dodge Basically, I am torn in having to wait for the R/T with a 6-speed or getting an automatic NOW. Any thoughts?
Old 10-10-2008, 06:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Finally got a "tenative" build date

Wait on the 6-speed. Its who you are. Its what you want. Don't settle. Really though, I'd wait. Let them build your car the way you want it. This is your chance to have it your way. With the economics playing out like they are, this my be your last chance with an American car co.
Old 10-10-2008, 06:38 PM

My advice... PM brucer41 and chat with him. Might be helpful to share the insight of someone with a somewhat similar circumstance. He chose to wait it out.

Guess it depends on how set you are in the 6 speed and how the compromise will set with you over the long haul. Good Luck!
Old 10-13-2008, 06:26 AM

I have a 6speed car and I can say that it is absolutely worth the wait.
Old 10-13-2008, 05:16 PM

I know the 6 speed is what I really want, its just starting to annoy me that I was told when I ordered it that it was slated for a late sept build and now that its into oct already I am being told that it isnt going to be built until late Oct. [:@]

I can say though that I am starting to question my color choice [sm=helpout.gif] , I ordered a Dark Titanium one and the more I see the car the more I am starting to like the Hemi Orange one. I originally chose Titanium because I wanted to be more subdued, but I got to thinking that its a badass muscle car and it should be seen as well as heard [sm=badbadbad.gif] . Also I was planning on getting these graphics Rally Stripes Link and they just POP better on Orange [sm=exactly.gif] .
Old 10-13-2008, 06:04 PM

ORIGINAL: 09ChallengerRT
I can say though that I am starting to question my color choice [sm=helpout.gif] , I ordered a Dark Titanium one and the more I see the car the more I am starting to like the Hemi Orange one. I originally chose Titanium because I wanted to be more subdued, but I got to thinking that its a badass muscle car and it should be seen as well as heard [sm=badbadbad.gif].
Lets face it... sleepers command a certain respect though...
Old 10-13-2008, 06:14 PM

I think its a great color for graphics 09challengerRT

I didnt like the color until I saw it on a couple Challengers. Now dark titanium has grown on me.

Old 10-13-2008, 06:25 PM

Lets face it... sleepers command a certain respect though...
This is very true....and here in Vegas there is already enough neon lights and bright signs.
Old 10-13-2008, 06:26 PM

I actually haven"t seen a titanium one yet... and gotta say I haven"t seen a color I didn"t like yet...
Old 10-14-2008, 08:53 AM

If I was getting an SE or an R/T Id go for the Deepwater Blue. Its subtle but not boring. I think it is still my favorite color of them all. B-5 is a little too bright for my taste.

Quick Reply: Finally got a "tenative" build date