Notices
Dodge Challenger R/T Threads specific to the Dodge Challenger R/T should be placed here.

Finally got a "tenative" build date

Old 10-28-2008, 09:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Finally got a "tenative" build date

Seems they keep hanging up the manuals for some reason. There is one sitting at one of the dealerships that I went to, that's charging $5k above MSRP, but decided to drop it and give me the leather seats basically for "free". Anyway, some come out and then others get caught in the system. I wonder what's going on with them? Talk about getting a rare car if we ever get them, or the people that are lucky enough to get them.

The dealer I finally found, after the others I was going to were charging $5k above, told me that they would charge me MSRP. Being that this isn't set in stone, I'm wondering if I could negotiate a little once my car comes in since it could be a while?
Old 10-28-2008, 10:15 AM

I got my price set in stone... the dealer even gave me a written break down of shipping, tax, etc..... total out the door price in writing, but it was signed in ink not blood though.
Old 10-28-2008, 10:29 AM

I got a glance of the pricing sheet to order the car, but that was it. He told the person behind the counter that this is what we were doing, this is how much would be put down to order the car, priced at MSRP, but that was it. I think I'm kind of glad it worked out that way. Now if I could get that customer loyalty charge off of there, I would be set. I like how that one is forced.
Old 10-28-2008, 04:02 PM

customer loyalty charge..??
Old 10-28-2008, 04:39 PM

ORIGINAL: mopar2ya

customer loyalty charge..??
New way of saying "Market Adjustment" ??
Old 10-28-2008, 08:13 PM

While I am not sure if my price is set in stone I do have the order sheet with the MSRP printed on it.

Old 10-29-2008, 02:16 AM

That's basically the same form I received, and I indeed did get the car for MSRP. Of course, my salesman, Fred Garza of Fiesta Dodge in San Antonio, has said numerous times publicly online that he'll sell Challengers for MSRP.
Old 10-29-2008, 05:02 AM

There it is. "Customer one owner loyalty mailing". I'll have to double check that on mine, but I thought there was a charge for it. I'm having it faxed to me to double check that. I could be wrong, and hope that I am that's for sure. I believe the destination charge is more on mine also, like $725.....now that I think about it, I think the dealer was saying that the mailing was $725. Now I know he's on crack. I think he was just glancing at it and didn't notice the destination or something. Let me just wait to say anything on the prices until I look at it today. [sm=goodidea.gif]
Old 10-29-2008, 05:14 AM

I believe you are correct... customer loyalty mailing should be a $0 charge. Also... I thought $675 was the standard destination charge regardless of where they are shipping your Challenger in the contiguous US. Additional destination might be applicable for Hawaii, Alaska, Guam, etc. though...
Old 10-29-2008, 07:23 AM

And that's what it still shows when you build your car on the website. Once I get that sheet I'm going to question the destination charge. The car is a bit higher then what is priced on the website also so I'm going to get that break down so I can double check everything. I'm not sure why I didn't think about getting a copy of it while I was there. I have the overall charge, just not the break down. Guess it was from the excitement of ordering the Challenger and the fact that they had an old school one sitting on the show room floor. The three Vipers also were a little distracting, though they did nothing to pull me away from that Challenger.

Quick Reply: Finally got a "tenative" build date