Notices
Dodge Challenger R/T Threads specific to the Dodge Challenger R/T should be placed here.

Finally got my R/T

Old 12-29-2008, 04:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Finally got my R/T

Congrats!!

Welcome to the Cool Crowd.......8)

Old 12-30-2008, 10:33 AM

Another point on that Ford "superiority" thing, its disconcerting to me how many people I know who have had various major internal engine problems with Ford engines at relatively low mileages. I've been a GM guy my whole life & have never had an internal engine problem and my brother has been a Mopar guy his whole life without any (including on his 73 Rallye Challenger hipo 340 that's never been apart). Perhaps the Mustang engine is bulltproof, but I've heard of too many people in my life having enginer problems with Ford products for me to gamble on one now that the Challenger is here (I have to admit that if the Challenger hadn't made it, I was strongly considering a Mustang GT since I think Ford did a really nice job on the loks, but I was concerned about that engine thing and I'd glad Dodge came through& made my choice easy!).
Old 12-30-2008, 11:30 AM

I've owned Fords from '64 Galaxy 500 to '91 5.0 Mustang and a number of engine swaps (just for larger capacity engines) and have never experienced an engine failure of any kind. Not defending Fords but just adding to the perspective. I have owned a '67 289 HiPo, 3 x 351Ws, 2 x 302s and have built another crate 351w (bored and stroked) which dyno'd at 536HP and 560 ft/lbs. Oil and filter changes but nothing else. My dad's fleet of Chevys never failed him, either, though. I tend to point a finger at how the engines are being used and maintained.
Old 12-30-2008, 04:13 PM

epegasus i think they mean the newer engines the 4.6 & 5.0 only not the older ones. There have been many documented failures in both engines one of them being the plastic manifold cracking causing other subsequent failures. Any engine can have a failure but i think reoccurring ones of the same type would throw up a red flag to potential buyers. As for the older fords I own a 1968 mercury with a 302 & it has been run hard without any issues.
Old 12-30-2008, 04:17 PM

To re-hijack this back to where it belongs Congrats WHYLEE im glad you got her home safe & sound!
Old 12-30-2008, 07:25 PM

To answer the engine question, I was NOT referring to vintage Ford engines. I was talking about engines from the last decade or so (2 of the engines that lunched under 36,000 were in Windstar vans and the other was in some Ford sedan - and I don't buy the bad maintenance / bad care angle as these were different mature family men / engineering types who maintain their stuff & don't drive wildly - to give Ford credit, in each case, the enginer were replaced under warranty, but still - the thought of a modern engine grenading under normal use within the 1st few years of life ain't awe inspiring - perhaps the engines being used in Mustangs have much superior stats, I don't know - I do know that if I were to consider a Ford, I'd want to look into that closer to know for sure before putting my $ down).
Old 12-31-2008, 07:18 AM

"Chicks car" lol what a joke. Maybe the V6 model. And as for timeslips I've seen enough to know better. The RT vs. GT is a driver's race.

ORIGINAL: kevin2323

man beeny has no life.....mustang is a chicks car and has a archaic rear end....and is slower than both v8 models...low end and top end....magazines are not fact.....timeslips are...and last i checked you had none...so time to go to sleep in your 69 style bed since that is the only good mustang ever produced.
Old 12-31-2008, 07:46 AM

I thought this was a Challenger forum! Hey, I have now and have owned many Mustangs-great cars in thier own right. But talk it all you want the Challenger is a BAD A## looking car and it performs well 'nuff said! I have had very little issues with the skip shift. If you give er enough gas its a non issue! I sensin' some Challenger envy on this forum
Old 12-31-2008, 08:38 AM

Noone is saying otherwise brent. Some of us just feel compelled to respond and correct SOME of the misinformed members here when they make an incorrect fanboyish statement about other cars.
Old 12-31-2008, 08:48 AM

I agree I dont think of the Mustang as a "chicks car". I think color more than anything else, sorta dictates a cars "sex". I have an 95 mustang 5.0 in the paint shop as we speak that will look killer when its done and I dont think it will be a chicks car. If the misinformed would only look at a 69 Mach 1 in Raven black with a 428SCJ and toploader they would understand that it is most definealty one mean mutha, nothing feminine about that at all! Again to restate my personal view;I like all the American Muscle cars Buick, Ford, Chevy, and Mopar!

Quick Reply: Finally got my R/T