Notices
Dodge Challenger R/T Threads specific to the Dodge Challenger R/T should be placed here.

Heated seats and auto windows

Old 02-19-2009, 12:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heated seats and auto windows

Bought my red R/T last December. So far excellent daily driver, although one curious local PD pull-over.

Two things so far:

Heated seats went kaputt. [:@] Came with the package, and I'm not exactly fond of them, but regardless that will be my first dealership repair.

The window on my driver side has a couple of times froze to where it won't go down or up. The window stripping got a mild shift when I had to shut the door with the window fully up. Pretty frustrating minor issue, don't know if remote start up would fix the issue, but the heated seats was already an extra bell/whistle I could have lived without.

Anyone else have these issues yet? They both seem to be winter related, I'm only garaging at home. Maybe it's time to shell out for the cover?

Wouldn't mind reading opinions about the 20s vs. the 18s too, maybe already a thread for it?
Old 02-19-2009, 05:36 PM

Default RE: Heated seats and auto windows

[:@] What a shame![:@][:'(] They make you take it with all those sissy stupid options that cost you money,and line their pocket with cash.All of that crap always goes bad down the road and is a nightmare.[:'(] But sadly in your case,the car is brand new.[:'(] I was going to be the first one to order a classic pkg.till I found out you have to take it their way,not your way,screw em,I even called Chrysler and complained.[] I am lookin harder at the Camaro.
Old 02-19-2009, 06:39 PM

My window seals also freeze and do funny stuff in the deep freezes we've been getting in Chicago this winter.

It seems to be the stripping at the bottom of the window, where water naturally collects under a bit of sunlight, freeze overnight, don't let the window do it's "auto-crack" thing, then you go to close it, and it won't fit under the stripping at the top.

If you just let the car warm up first, the interior heat generates enough warmth to thaw the window seals, then open and close again. It's a PITA, but kind of a necessary evil to having doors without the edge all the way around the glass, but still tight enough to not whistle when they get old.

-Rench
Old 02-20-2009, 10:02 AM

I tried this once and while a PITA to do, it did help the next morning. Get out on the drivers side and get back in on the passenger side. With the ACCY on, put the driver window down slightly, maybe 1/2 inch or less. It will still seal out the weather (maybe not with 50 mph winds) but in the morning when the window is froze and won't go down/up, you will still be able to open and close the driver door. Then while driving it will thaw and you can put it all the way up.

I did this in my rural driveway. Not sure I would trust doing this on a city streat for theft reasons, however.