Notices
Dodge Challenger R/T Threads specific to the Dodge Challenger R/T should be placed here.

Modern Muscle Class

Old 10-10-2009, 12:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Modern Muscle Class

I believe there ought to be a Modern Muscle car class at the car shows! I here some participants WHINE about seeing our New Challenger, Camaros and Mustangs at the shows--WHINING being the key word. These are the same guys who BOUGHT their TRAILER QUEEN for some other builder for more than we paid for our new one! I enjoy my new Challenger more than most of my old muscle cars. We should have our own class to include Firebirds, 3rd gen Camaros,Regals ETC. For the Clubs who put it on---MORE money in entry fees--for vendors & companies--more sales. Seems like a win/win to me.
Old 10-12-2009, 08:18 AM

I have to admit to being one of those “classic” muscle car owners that really didn’t appreciate late model muscle, until that is…..I purchased my 2008 SRT Challenger!
While I have not had any “bad” reactions to my modern muscle car, I can see were there are some that may still have the feeling that “you just brought your muscle car off the showroom, whereas I (the classic muscle car owner) spent years and sweat to bring back a muscle car from the real muscle car years”. I still go for the classic muscle cars are major car shows, but today I am not so fast to pass up the rows of modern muscle. Each has its place at the car show. By the way, most car show I have attended, already have various classes strictly for late model muscle cars. (I won my class (Modern Hemi) the first time out...)
Old 10-13-2009, 05:44 AM

Default Muscle class

Hey BLK 6050--I agree-- I enjoy my new chally and have invested and personalized it to my taste--where I live I have had to enter special interest or daily driver--I do enter my other car in muscle class-Cfan
Attached Thumbnails 0428071213a%5B1%5D.jpg  
Old 10-13-2009, 06:24 AM

cfan.......you have a very nice AAR Cuda their.....you seem to have both classes covered!
The best of old and new.............life is good.....
Old 10-13-2009, 06:44 AM

I bring my SRT8 to shows because I know people love the new Challenger, also a better place to park. I'm not looking to win a trophy. Work, sweat, tears yeah fine, some guy writes a fat check then rolls his E-Body on to a trailer better not give me an attitude problem.
Old 10-13-2009, 07:23 AM

Thanks for the compliment Joe G.---07 Hemicuda,thats why I go & enter exactly---I'm not worried about the trophy,but a set class would be an acknowledgement of the respect these new muscle cars deserve.It is also great to not have to park blocks away and walk into the show and go back to the parking lot later to find someone in a 76 toyota threw the doors open and dented your chally.
Old 10-13-2009, 08:52 AM

The way I see it, if you feel the need to trailer your classic muscle car everywhere....it becomes nothing more than a "work of art". Muscle cars were built to be driven and for fun...towing trailers is not the fun part. On the other hand I can see some people not wanting to damage their prized musclecar by tempting fate and driving long distances to attend car shows. I know a guy that is in that situation...a lot of time and money invested and is almost afraid to drive it....but to his credit he does take it out for cruise night, and car club meetings...part of his "problem" and more than likely others as well, is what type insurance they have. If it's "collector car" insurance you need to be careful how, when, where, and how much you drive it.....I will never have that problem with my older Mopars as they were not built as show cars.....they were built as fun cars......(However, I do show them from time to time)....
Old 10-13-2009, 09:15 AM

Cfan, to your original question I agree. At big shows like Carlisle it is already happening. I'd say start with any muscle car with computerized fuel injection from the factory. Carburetor cars join the classics. Thoughts?
Old 10-13-2009, 10:13 AM

I believe we all see the point--there was a time not long ago when some kids brought their 4cyl rice burners to our shows--and we laughed--have you heard of NOPI shows? I believe clubs who put on shows should take the movement of NEW MUSCLE seriously so we can help their membership or a new and seperate type of show or club will evolve.Most of us new Challenger owners have paid our dues--in every way--to the old muscle class.Cfan
Old 10-21-2009, 04:26 AM

Originally Posted by glenfoxman
May not find the June issue everywhere yet. The Muscle Car Review schedule states the May 26th for the June release. I do know Barnes and Nobel here in California have the new June issue. I couldnt find it anywhere else yet. _______________________________________Website I designed for ---- link deleted----company.

man i dont undertsand the words that is comin outta your computer

Quick Reply: Modern Muscle Class