Notices
Dodge Challenger R/T Threads specific to the Dodge Challenger R/T should be placed here.

Not Happy at all

Old 02-02-2009, 09:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Not Happy at all

Sucks man. I've found that even if there is no snow and ice on the roads during the winter they are still filthy dirty and full of things that can damage a car. Sometimes I envy people who live in no-snow states because the quality of the roads are so much nicer all year round.

I hate having a black car at times. Every tiny little scratch and ding sticks out like a sore thumb.
Old 02-02-2009, 02:00 PM

Update on damage. Sat. the next day after the bird hit the car. Since it had warmed up . Ice wa falling off power line's . A bunch fell and hit the hood of the car as I was driving along in town. Since I had glanced at the font of the car Fri . and didn't see the damage from the bird. And found the damage later Sat. when washing the car after the ice fell . The Insurance said said ice damaged the car that fell off a power line that hit the car Sat. No deductable . Took it to local Dodge body shop. The nose will have to come off. All the upper grille come's as a package as i understand it . And head light cover was broken also. And a tab to the bumper cover damaged ( the grille hooks to ) . But thought it could be fixed. But might have to paint or touch up the cover. Or just replace it also. $750.00 so far if they (body shop )can fix my bumper cover . Hope they don't have to paint . MY NEW CAR !!!!! They thought I was someone else that had called when I got there. Another new Black Challenger that they where told had lot's of boddy damage to come in . Tree limb's I think hitting it. For what the Challenger weigh's . Should be a tank . It's not.
Old 02-02-2009, 03:27 PM

The no deductable is nice. They will have it back as good as new in no time at all.
Old 02-03-2009, 06:24 AM

Yeah, one of my first post to this forum was about how flimsy a lot of the plastic pieces are. I discovered this while giving it its first EPEGASUS_US_US_us-us-s detail. Panel were a flexin and bending all over the place. It isn't just the Challenger but it is a sad thing we have come to accept with newer Domestics.
Old 02-03-2009, 06:42 AM

ORIGINAL: epegasus

Yeah, one of my first post to this forum was about how flimsy a lot of the plastic pieces are. I discovered this while giving it its first EPEGASUS_US_US_us-us-s detail. Panel were a flexin and bending all over the place. It isn't just the Challenger but it is a sad thing we have come to accept with newer Domestics.

I am guessing its about building a lighter & less expensive car. I'm not sure which one of those the manufacturer is focused on the most. I'm sure the weight factor weighs in on the mileage numbers. As for the plastic who doesnt use it? It just surprised me a little bit that the front end was so shakey when i put the license tag on it.
Old 02-03-2009, 07:34 AM

The Hondas and Toyotas use it even more than the Big 3 but they CAD-CAM their cars so much better than American designers do. Pieces not only fit together well but they provide structural support and theirs adequate backing to everything.
Old 02-03-2009, 09:04 AM

Not sure about the 70 Challenger . But the new 71 R/T I had . Had plenty of plastic to the grille and rear also. But I'm very disapointed in the strength of the grill in my 09 R/T . Maybe Year One or someone should make a replacement with more strength to it . The lower rocker panel is something else that is very flimsy.
Old 02-09-2009, 01:00 PM

That really sucks. I'll have to keep an eye out for that kinda stuff.
Old 02-17-2009, 01:13 PM

My R/T goes in the garage tomorrow for the repair of the broken grille from the ice that feel off the power line . Said should take about 5 hrs . If everything goes right and no painting has to be done. So I should get it back tomorrow afternoon. I took them a spare key . So I could drop it off at the shop early in the morning on my way to a doctor appointment my wife is taking me to that is a hour drive to Louisville. When I took them the key later today. They where talking about it being a 6 speed. One guy in the shop said he didn't know they made it with the stick . They have a SRT 8 automatic that hit a deer . New hood ( alloy they said ) RH front fender and passenger door . And all the nose of the car they where still painting to put on . Made me feel sort of sick thinking about it . The manager said before I left . We have decided we need your car for a week. I laughed and said a full tank of gas I guess. We all laughed.
Old 02-18-2009, 03:36 PM

All the damage fixed. Dropped it off at the shop this morning and picked up this afternoon. No painting needed . I'm happy . But bother me knowing how easy it can be damaged.