Notices
Dodge Challenger R/T Threads specific to the Dodge Challenger R/T should be placed here.

R/T vs GT vs GTO

Old 10-02-2008, 09:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: R/T vs GT vs GTO

well you brought something better and in the family though hehe....
Old 10-03-2008, 06:25 AM

This must be some sort of joke yes? Because it made me chuckle. Good one!

You are the last one who should be levying criticism for flaming. Practically everything you post is troll. And your assessment of my alleged "fanboyism" is a complete joke. Talk about pot, kettle, black Mr. "Mopar or nopar".

I am one of the only posters in this "debate" thread that has bothered to post a single link. I have posted two of my own and then discussed the motortrend article. The OP itself is the result from some race posted in another forum. I responded in kind with one of my own "fairy tales" as someone so artfully put it. Then the flames began in earnest.

I'm done with this thread. The fact is the R/T isn't much if any faster than a stock GT. That is reality. While we're on the subject of facts you can easily mod a GT to hang right there and in fact beat an SRT8 while saving lots of money. You don't like it that's just tough. I like the Challenger and would love to have one alongside my other cars. Whether you believe me or not is probably another story but I honestly don't care. I looked into getting a Challenger last month from Hood River Dodge but could not afford it. Perhaps down the road no pun intended.

ORIGINAL: mopar2ya

Hard to respect someone and thier opinion with a bunch of name calling and derrogatory flaming though... I am sure you would have to agree. [sm=forgetit.gif]
Old 10-03-2008, 06:52 AM

I for one find it interesting that things like this get into modding and which car is faster and all of that drivel. The simple fact was that a statement was made that the Mustang GT and the Challenger RT are closely matched. This may or may not be true but then it denegrates into adding turbo's, blower's and assorted other addon crap. I own a Mustang GT (okay its the wifes 06) bone stock and I do drive it when I can and enjoy it. The power is great, the car handles really good around town and it is a fun car to drive. No, before you ask I have not driven any Challengers at all so I cannot compare. However, I can and will say while the Mustang is fun to drive, I sure wouldnt want to take it on a long drive as the suspension is tight and will beat your guts to death over a long haul. Now, this is my opinion. The Challenger being a larger car and other points will make it a better car to drive long distance and for me, this makes it a nicer car to drive for long periods of time. Will it be faster or better in town? Well, we can only base things on what we hear from others and their cars or what we do and see with our cars so that is the base to make a judgement about. Whose faster? Find a track, take the cars and wear them out plain and simple. People want to run their pieholes about fast, faster, and fastest, well pony up, pull alongside, catch the lights and settle it. Geez, this is a CHALLENGER forum, Mopar owners, fans and devotees are gong to be in attendance. You want to extole the virtues of Mustangs, Camaro's ricers, etc. then go to those forums and enjoy. Yes we can discuss which is better, faster, able to leap small curbs etc. but geez folks, lets be adults about it.
Old 10-03-2008, 12:03 PM

ORIGINAL: brucer41

I for one find it interesting that things like this get into modding and which car is faster and all of that drivel. The simple fact was that a statement was made that the Mustang GT and the Challenger RT are closely matched. This may or may not be true but then it denegrates into adding turbo's, blower's and assorted other addon crap. I own a Mustang GT (okay its the wifes 06) bone stock and I do drive it when I can and enjoy it. The power is great, the car handles really good around town and it is a fun car to drive. No, before you ask I have not driven any Challengers at all so I cannot compare. However, I can and will say while the Mustang is fun to drive, I sure wouldnt want to take it on a long drive as the suspension is tight and will beat your guts to death over a long haul. Now, this is my opinion. The Challenger being a larger car and other points will make it a better car to drive long distance and for me, this makes it a nicer car to drive for long periods of time. Will it be faster or better in town? Well, we can only base things on what we hear from others and their cars or what we do and see with our cars so that is the base to make a judgement about. Whose faster? Find a track, take the cars and wear them out plain and simple. People want to run their pieholes about fast, faster, and fastest, well pony up, pull alongside, catch the lights and settle it. Geez, this is a CHALLENGER forum, Mopar owners, fans and devotees are gong to be in attendance. You want to extole the virtues of Mustangs, Camaro's ricers, etc. then go to those forums and enjoy. Yes we can discuss which is better, faster, able to leap small curbs etc. but geez folks, lets be adults about it.
+1000000000000000
Old 10-03-2008, 12:07 PM

i respect the Challenger, because i know that in a straight line they will kick my tail. i also know where their weaknesses are (auto-x races).
Old 10-03-2008, 12:23 PM

YAAAAAAARRRRRRRR!
It be a 2005 Mustang GT, matee. And I paid her off already after dipping into me buried treasure!
[IMG][/IMG]

ORIGINAL: RUBBERBNDMAN

Oh cmon... there is so much humor in it... they all want a Challenger but are still making 7 years of payments on their Stangs...
Then the Pirate guy..he must have one of those 1975 Mustang IIs because he seems real angry...

[IMG]local://upfiles/1415/BE8431B8612F439EAF7482C195DCA27E.jpg[/IMG]
Old 10-03-2008, 12:26 PM

hahah is that yours beeno?
Old 10-03-2008, 12:27 PM

Affirmative.
ORIGINAL: kevin2323

hahah is that yours beeno?
Old 10-03-2008, 12:30 PM

Fine-looking car, Albeeno.
Old 10-03-2008, 12:31 PM

Thank you, Sir. `ppreciate that very much.

Quick Reply: R/T vs GT vs GTO