Notices
Dodge Challenger R/T Threads specific to the Dodge Challenger R/T should be placed here.

R/T vs GT vs GTO

Old 10-01-2008, 04:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: R/T vs GT vs GTO

Just for the record... was out driving last night and a GTO started toying with me a bit. Came up from behind as I was cruising at about 80. He was obvilously wanting to see how things would play out. He kept jumping on it and slowing down... jumping on it and slowing down. The last time he did it I let him get about a hoods length ahead and jumped on it. I pulled past him and kept pulling away until he was at least 50 yards or so behind. Wasnt until I slowed up that he was able to catch back up and pass. Wasn"t waching the speedo so not sure what speed we got to.

Having heard of the GTOs power I was a little surprised and wondering if the GTOs are goverened at a certain top speed and also wondering if the SRT8s have more inherent pulling power at higher speeds... or ??
Old 10-01-2008, 06:29 PM

I'd say with my expereince in my Hemi Ram I've had for almost ever (time for a new hemi) 5 years... that when at a roll the Hemi is extremely hard to take... especially if your already in second and about somewhere near 25-35mph... The thing just has soo soo much pulling power... Those GOATS are real fast and quick... but if you guy's were cruising at that speed... IMO... he's already lost the part of the race he would have won... So when you lay down ole' BIG THUMPER.... His ass is grass and I know who's the lawnmower...
I've played around a lot in my Hemi seeing how I've had it from 18 till now 23... you could only imagine the things i've gotten into[&:] But dudes like me in mustang GT's are the funniest... like said above if your rolling or cruising and he can't drop it before you it doesn't seem to matter to often who's car is lighter or not 'cause this things got a Hemi.
Old 10-01-2008, 07:00 PM

Yeah, It"s got a Hemi...

seems I have heard that somewhere before...

Old 10-01-2008, 07:10 PM

ORIGINAL: Paladin06

CRUSH and I fear no Mustang. The fact is I go looking for them. I've got two kills both from highway speed with less then 1500 miles on my car. As a matter of fact this past Saturday while headed to a carshow, that I didn't make because a dust storm blew in, I tried slowing down for one I saw in my rear view mirror while on the freeway. I slowed down to 55 and he kept slowing down, finally I just resumed normal driving speed since he didn't want to play.
Sounds like you scared him. But DPS would like you, as you seem to keep drivers from speeding! You may have to repaint (using watercolor paint) your SRT just to get anyone to challenge you. Just rememeber that during WW1 Allied pilots would avoid any all red German fighters.......(Curse you Red Baron!)
That's one thing about black Challengers...they are like black widows....drivers want to come close to get a better look.....and by the time they realize their error in judgement...it's all over for them..........
Old 10-01-2008, 08:04 PM

ORIGINAL: mopar2ya

Sorry Rip the "Oh believe me" statement doesn"t bear any weight or magically make a statement into a fact... mod for mod the R/Ts and SRT8s have nothing to fear of the mustang... your opinion is just that... your opinion...
Let's see some timeslips for stock R/T and SRT8 challengers then please. Time you provided some facts to back up all the smack talk. I can show timeslips for stock GTs scoring 13.5 or better. That is completely stock including tires.

Here's just a little something to whet your appetite.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article....&page_number=3
Old 10-01-2008, 08:34 PM

HA HA HA Diptide youre freakin hilarious... must be a funny place in your little world... LOL

I think Paladin put it best... If you cant stand the heat... well youre probably in the wrong place...

guys like you.. seriously crack me up... [sm=laughat.gif]
Old 10-01-2008, 08:59 PM
Ace

Hey, I'm a big fan of the new challenger, especially the styling. The R/T is definitivly the best looking car of the bunch and probably the best sounding.

All of this saddens me because, I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but the mustang has the performance advantage here.

As you can see here: http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...on_tables.html , The mustang GT, despite being almost 5k less, has the same 0-60 time, a better quater-mile time, a faster figure-8 and, worse of all, a better handling ( 0.87g on the skidpad for the GT vs 0.82 for the R/T) despite the fact that the mustang has an archaic rear suspension.

As much as I love the challenger, it simply is a great touring car, and not much more.

Old 10-01-2008, 10:03 PM

ummmm motor trend just tested the challenger rt manual at 5.1 0-60 and 13.6 ......and the srt8 manual at 4.6 0-60

so for 31k compared to the base 28k of the mustang you get a better looking car IMO....a hemi with a real v8 rumble........ and IRS with a better ride than the mustang...and racing? with such close numbers it is a drivers game. With a 6 speed tremec used in the vette and viper...I would give it to the RT.

so get the facts straight.

but I am biased....oh wait no I am not I just cut the BS....modding mustang will get the nod since there is so much more available and cheaper....
Old 10-01-2008, 10:27 PM

True Kevin....
But modding a Hemi will show better results mod for mod vs. the Stang... So.... forget the few pennies if your gonna mod, you kinda have too your already spending 3k more for the car like you said right?
Old 10-01-2008, 10:38 PM

true

Quick Reply: R/T vs GT vs GTO