Notices
Dodge Challenger R/T Threads specific to the Dodge Challenger R/T should be placed here.

SORRY for more exhaust mods talk

Old 10-25-2008, 09:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: SORRY for more exhaust mods talk

mac, of course I wish you luck. The most luck I can wish for you to get a Challenger no matter what model. Along with that luck all you will need is PATIENCE and you will end up owning the car you want. As for the dealers I wish you were here in NJ as now I'm getting calls from lots of the 30 or so dealers I talked to over the year I was looking to buy one. Now they are comming out of the woodwork like cockroches trying to now sell me a 2009 for under MSRP. One dealer , Lucas Dodge in Millville NJ offered to order me one for just $300 over dealer invoice which is an awesome price. But mines already here in the garage so in a way its his loss.

This does show though that the prices are starting to come down so keep looking and keep talking and do not be afraid to bring up the poor economy and falling car sales along with Chrysler laying off thousands of employess to get them to come down in price!!! Go gettum Dude...LOL The best of luck to you and I hope to hear soon that your driving it , Fat Cat[sm=gears.gif]

ORIGINAL: mac

I had flowmasters on a 57 chevy truck, and boy did it sound good. The engine was a small block 283 V8. Are you leaning towards the flowmasters? Understand about the money and you want to do this only once. I was going to wait on the R/T challenger for another year but my local dealership has had one for over a week with no one making any offers. They also won't let you test drive it unless they run your credit history (making sure you can qualify for a loan). This dealership has nothing but trucks on the lot and the salesman indicated the dealership is not moving stuff right now. My luck they will want 10,000 over MSRP so I can help keep the place running financially if I bought at that price. But if they decide to go below MSRP, I might go for it. Wish me luck.
Old 10-25-2008, 06:47 PM
mac

Thanks buddy.
Old 10-27-2008, 04:47 AM

Fatcat, if you want great sounds and low cost..........

I ripped out the "suitcase" factory dual muffler box and cut out the resonators in the rear, and installed MAGNAFLOW mufflers and installed a pipe section to replace the resonators.

Great sound, lower weight and cost me $300.

Vroooom.............

Old 11-14-2008, 06:14 PM

Does anyone have a picture of the mod with the resonators removed?

Fitz
Old 11-14-2008, 07:42 PM

Will removing the resonators void the warranty? Is this a dealer specific call?

Fitz
Old 11-14-2008, 09:36 PM

Just get a cat-back kit from someone like flowmaster and some chrome tips it wouldn't be more than 300 bucks... You'll have some nice tips and a good sounding exhaust...