Notices
Challenger News This section is only for articles pertaining to, or containing information about the new Dodge Challenger.

Talk Back: Challenger Exterior Colors – The Perfect Canvas for Personalization (Dodge is listening)

Old 03-27-2008, 03:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Talk Back: Challenger Exterior Colors – The Perfect Canvas for Personalization (Dodge is listening)

Well, as Sr. Manager of the Chrysler Color and Trim Studio, it is exciting to read all of the comments about how important exterior color is to the new Dodge Challenger. I couldn’t agree more! Though I’m not at liberty yet to share with you specifics planned for the Challenger, I can tell you that the Marketing and Design teams will be delivering many of your color suggestions and more as the car is introduced and in the years to come.

Here at Chrysler Product Design, we knew as soon as the Challenger received the green light for production, we needed to provide exterior colors that resonated with a wide variety of our customers. At the top of the list, for diehard muscles aficionados were Heritage colors like High Performance Red (TorRed), Hemi Orange Pearl and B5 Blue Pearl; not exactly like those of 1970, but new interpretations reformulated in the lasted high tech pigments. We also knew that we needed to include a handful popular Dodge brand colors (like Brilliant Black Crystal, Stone White, Brt. Silver Metallic and Inferno Red Crystal Pearl), which look great on any Dodge product and appeal to a wide range of customers. “Stealth like” Dk. Titanium Metallic and new Deep Water Blue Pearl were also included to round out the pallet for 2009. All colors include a deep, clearcoat finish that provides a stunning, durable, high quality appearance. And what about future Challenger colors? All I can say right now is that, yes, more of your favorite heritage colors will follow, along other new “exclusive” Challenger colors. Stay tuned…

So fear not Mopar Nation, your color requests have been anticipated by Chrysler and we have reacted. When accompanied with the wide variety of cool Mopar accessories, and a vivid imagination, any Challenger exterior color provides the perfect “canvas” for everyone to personalize his or her own car.

OK future Challenger owners, start designing (and we’re listening)!

From Red letter

http://www.redletterdodge.com/2008/0...rsonalization/
Old 03-27-2008, 04:17 PM

Default RE: Talk Back: Challenger Exterior Colors – The Perfect Canvas for Personalization (Dodge is listening)

Joey,

And,.........just think, I have already ordered an 08, and I could mhave had options and accessories, darnit.
Old 03-27-2008, 05:54 PM

Default RE: Talk Back: Challenger Exterior Colors – The Perfect Canvas for Personalization (Dodge is listening)

Uhhhmmm, I think, they just don't get it do they? Sure, in about 15 years all the colors will be available.
Ah, well how about at the debut of the 09 season? How about more than the puky colors of every other car, black, white, and some form or gray.

You know Sr. Manager of Chrysler Colro and Trim Studio, some of us FANS would like to buy a LOW PRODUCTION NUMBER 09 in the color we want or else, we wont buy an 09 Challenger. AND, if you keep messing with my head, I may not buy one at all, cause the "WINDOW of OPPORTUNITY" will close; meaning, the economy, the wife, thenkids the bills will take precidence.

If only they really got it - the poor bloats.

Maybe I will wait for the '10 Challenger - hopefully by they they will figure out the colors they should offer will be black, red, blue, white and gray. 'Cause in 2012 when they stop making them all together - that econobox with the 1.0L engine that runs on french-fry juice will come in Sublime.

Starting to really loose it -
2012Econobox1.0L

Old 03-28-2008, 12:47 PM

Default RE: Talk Back: Challenger Exterior Colors – The Perfect Canvas for Personalization (Dodge is listeni

They do seem a bit stingy with the color rollout. But I'm not concerned about the production number, so it's not as much of an issue to me when they finally get their act together.