Notices
Engine Got engine work, simple or complex? Let's hear about it!

Heads and Cam package from mopar

Old 04-08-2008, 06:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heads and Cam package from mopar

Does anybody know the cost of there heads and cam? They show headers as well as cold air on all par. Does anybody know the power these 4 items[head,cam,cold air,and headers] will make? Please anybody in the know let me know.
Old 04-24-2008, 05:18 AM

Default RE: Heads and Cam package from mopar

Please someone post on this thred with answers, i also want these goodies direct from dodge. Suppercharger and exhaust is all i need to buy from someone else.
Old 04-24-2008, 05:32 AM

Buying these items alone is not the answer. There are computer issues with the 5.7 and 6.1 when you try to run an SC. The problem is no one makes the correct software/hardware to modify the fuel trim, and timing.. Diablo is selling one but it does not work. I've witnessed this first hand on a 5.7 and 6.1 Charger. Dentonation is horrible. Keep in mind this is a Charger just with a different shell.

ORIGINAL: 108Challenger

Please someone post on this thred with answers, i also want these goodies direct from dodge. Suppercharger and exhaust is all i need to buy from someone else.
Old 04-24-2008, 05:40 AM

To set fuel trims i could installe a wideband and set all the data myself.
Old 04-26-2008, 07:00 AM
Super Moderator

Sounds like an accident waiting to happen. Blown engine anyone?

I would wait until someone offers a complete package with a history, like Roush does for Ford.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 04-26-2008, 10:41 AM

Want to see MANY options for your new Challenger? Take a look at the link below:

http://www.hennesseyperformance.com/...ctionReq=Where

Let the fun begin!

P.S. They will have a 6lb super charger package that will be ready in Mid may at around 5000.00 thats worth 600+ hp and 625pf of torque!
Old 04-26-2008, 11:51 AM
Super Moderator

I wouldn't buy anything from this guy. We have talked about him before. See here:

https://dodgechallenger.com/forums/fb.asp?m=15856
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 04-26-2008, 12:00 PM

Good reminder Jeremiah..
Old 04-29-2008, 05:21 PM

I read in the new mopar mag with the Challenger on the cover that new heads, a cam, and exhaust would put the re-tuned 5.7 somewhere between 425 and 450hp. The power curve on the new 5.7 has so much more potential than the old 5.7 plus they said there is more gains to be had on the MDS ones coming out I believe.
Speaking of power curve there doesn't seem to be a curve, just about a straight shot up all the way through, where the old 5.7 lagged or fell off in between shifts this 5.7 seems to be a real killer.
Old 05-01-2008, 06:24 PM

ORIGINAL: MrKrisSullivan

I read in the new mopar mag with the Challenger on the cover that new heads, a cam, and exhaust would put the re-tuned 5.7 somewhere between 425 and 450hp. The power curve on the new 5.7 has so much more potential than the old 5.7 plus they said there is more gains to be had on the MDS ones coming out I believe.
Speaking of power curve there doesn't seem to be a curve, just about a straight shot up all the way through, where the old 5.7 lagged or fell off in between shifts this 5.7 seems to be a real killer.
You are pretty close with those figures. I work over at Mopar Performance and here is a few tidbits I can help you out with dodgeguy24. On a 5.7 LX car you will pick up about 50hp at the tires with the headers/exhaust/CAI. A programmer will give you more and the cam/head combo is worth 50 -75hp at the tires conservatively. We did our test Magnum with a proto Stage 2 cam/CNC heads/CAI/ECM tune/full exhaust and a stall converter. These parts are in the catalog(except the cam). the car trapped about 97-98mph stock and went 111mph after. THIS IS WITH NO POWER ADDERS(Nitrous, blower, etc). ET dropped from 14.30 to 13.1 and there is still room for improvement. If you want a nice bolt on boost with no tune, do the exhaust and CAI. Believe me you WILL feel the difference. I can't wait to see how the new 5.7 responds, MrKrisSullivan is pretty close with his figures, maybe even conservative :-)

Quick Reply: Heads and Cam package from mopar