Notices
Engine Got engine work, simple or complex? Let's hear about it!

Reflashing the ECU?

Old 12-20-2008, 07:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reflashing the ECU?

I've been kind of interested in an '09 SE but I hate electronic nannies... I noticed there's a neutral rev chip that kicks in at 3,500 RPM and that drives me nuts... also I think there's a speed limiter.

Is there any way to reflash that out of the ECU? It may just be the difference between buying the Challenger or something else....
Old 12-27-2008, 09:23 AM

Default RE: Reflashing the ECU?

I have software from HP Tuners for tuning GM cars (and it easily takes care of the issues you mentioned). HP Tuners is working on the code to be able to tune/reflash Mopar ECUs. They say they are getting pretty close to releasing the Mopar version. HP Tuners is a complex program that requires the use of a laptop to tune the car. This is professional stuff...not for your average weekend warrior!
Old 12-27-2008, 09:34 AM

I have a similar system I use to tune my '67 Mustang's FI system. You can control everything from rev limiter to injector duration and timing. Neat stuff.
Old 12-27-2008, 02:45 PM

ORIGINAL: novawagonmaster

I have software from HP Tuners for tuning GM cars (and it easily takes care of the issues you mentioned). HP Tuners is working on the code to be able to tune/reflash Mopar ECUs. They say they are getting pretty close to releasing the Mopar version. HP Tuners is a complex program that requires the use of a laptop to tune the car. This is professional stuff...not for your average weekend warrior!
It would make it worth it to ensure the transmission shifts at redline... the engine makes peak power at 6,400 RPM and the friggin thing upshifts at 6,000[:@]
Old 12-27-2008, 07:59 PM

Does the SE redline at 6500 rpm? That sounds high. I went with the Predator for my SRT and I can always return to the factory tune when I have to take it in for service.
Old 01-01-2009, 09:16 AM

Sounds like what I'm lookin' for. Since the old man's gonna buy an SRT-8, would it also work on the V6?