Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

"Bad Order" Via VinWin, What does this mean?

Old 01-27-2009, 09:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "Bad Order" Via VinWin, What does this mean?

So I was checking the status of the Challenger I ordered on the Challenger registry via VinWin.....It stated Bad Order-on Rail-car. Does anyone know what this means? Thanks!
Old 01-27-2009, 09:54 AM

Default RE: "Bad Order" Via VinWin, What does this mean?

To add a little more info....The car has been built and invoiced. It was supposed to be at the dealership by the first week in Feb. Now VinWin says Bad Order on railcar....WTF?!

Exact Info:

Scheduled for Build (D1) 12/15/2008 07:33 AM EST Brampton Assembly, ON
Built - Pending Inspection (I) 01/19/2009 02:42 PM EST Brampton Assembly, ON
Plant Release (KZ) 01/19/2009 09:34 PM EST Brampton Assembly, ON
Picked Up For Shuttle 01/19/2009 09:45 PM EST Brampton Assembly, ON
At Facility 01/20/2009 01:20 AM EST Brampton Assembly, ON
Shuttled to Facility 01/20/2009 01:08 PM EST Agincourt, ON
Truck Dispatch 01/20/2009 05:21 PM EST Brampton Assembly, ON
In Bay At Facility 01/21/2009 07:10 AM EST Agincourt, ON

Current
Bad Order 01/27/2009 11:10 AM EST On Railcar - Bensenville, IL

Future
Railcar - Interchanged 01/27/2009 07:53 AM EST Chicago, IL
Railcar Placed at Destination Facility 01/30/2009 12:59 AM EST Belvidere Assembly, IL
Unloaded From Railcar 01/30/2009 12:59 PM EST Belvidere Assembly, IL
Vehicle Delivered to Dealer 02/02/2009 05:59 PM EST Pearl Chrysler Jeep Dodge
Peotone, IL
Old 01-27-2009, 12:25 PM

My guess is that it was damaged in transit.
Old 01-27-2009, 12:35 PM

Bad orders on rail car could mean the rail car is not fit to move on. When I worked on the railroad badorder meant bad rail car needs to be fixed.
Old 01-27-2009, 01:57 PM

My guess is that it was damaged in transit.
Man, I hope that's not the case!

Bad orders on rail car could mean the rail car is not fit to move on. When I worked on the railroad badorder meant bad rail car needs to be fixed.
Good to know! Thanks!
Old 01-28-2009, 01:57 PM

Bad orders on rail car could mean the rail car is not fit to move on. When I worked on the railroad badorder meant bad rail car needs to be fixed
[:@] You must be right as it's still listed on the rail car and my expected delivery date went from the 4th to the 9th of Feb! [:@]
Old 01-28-2009, 03:13 PM

Sworn,

It sounds like your luck is about like mine. My 08 was built 6/10, set there for quality inspection for 2 weeks, then shipped from brampton to windsor ground effects, they were backed up so my car went to a parking lot on Pillette Road for a few weeks, thus the 5137 badge number, as a month of challengers built after mine went through ground effects before my car was picked up from Pillette Road. Car was delivered 7/22.

I know how you feel. Trust me, once you get the car you will forget about the wait. The next problem will be evereyday you have to wait to be able to drive it, ie. work, sleep, etc.
Old 01-28-2009, 03:23 PM

It sounds like your luck is about like mine. My 08 was built 6/10, set there for quality inspection for 2 weeks, then shipped from brampton to windsor ground effects, they were backed up so my car went to a parking lot on Pillette Road for a few weeks, thus the 5137 badge number, as a month of challengers built after mine went through ground effects before my car was picked up from Pillette Road. Car was delivered 7/22.
Yup, pretty much seems like a similiar situation!

I know how you feel. Trust me, once you get the car you will forget about the wait. The next problem will be evereyday you have to wait to be able to drive it, ie. work, sleep, etc.
I'm sure you're right , but I gotta tell ya, the wait is killing me! I guess it gives me extra time to think about what kind of stripes I want to go with....
Old 01-28-2009, 06:34 PM

Bro, I know exactly the feeling, although mine took another path in the end. I had ordered an '09 back in May, finally got a vin in early September, then after it was built, neither the dealer nor Chrysler could track it down or tell me where it was. So, rather than continue waiting, I went out and found an 08 in Salt Lake for MSRP, had it shipped to WA, and was rewarded in getting more car at less money, even with the shipping. (I hadn't ordered a sunroof, but have one now, and the '09's base price was higher)

So in the end, 70sGuy hits it on the mark, this car is SO WORTH THE WAIT, not matter if it's killing you. You'll soon experience what we all have said many a time, THE GRIN is incredible.
Old 01-29-2009, 10:49 AM

Bro, I know exactly the feeling, although mine took another path in the end. I had ordered an '09 back in May, finally got a vin in early September, then after it was built, neither the dealer nor Chrysler could track it down or tell me where it was. So, rather than continue waiting, I went out and found an 08 in Salt Lake for MSRP, had it shipped to WA, and was rewarded in getting more car at less money, even with the shipping. (I hadn't ordered a sunroof, but have one now, and the '09's base price was higher)
Glad it worked out for ya! It's kinda messed up that neither the Dealer nor Chrysler could track the car down! Go figure!

So in the end, 70sGuy hits it on the mark, this car is SO WORTH THE WAIT, not matter if it's killing you. You'll soon experience what we all have said many a time, THE GRIN is incredible.
I know you guy's are right, the waiting is just hard.

Quick Reply: "Bad Order" Via VinWin, What does this mean?