Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

08 challenger srt8 or 09 nissan gt-r

Old 01-25-2008, 08:39 PM
rdk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 08 challenger srt8 or 09 nissan gt-r

I am fortunate to be in the #1 position on both these cars at msrp. Having not driven or even seen either in person I am having a hard time deciding. I realize the price point is around $30,000 more for the gt-r but that will not be the deciding factor. The gt-r will perform considerably better from a numbers stand point but emotionally I find myself drawn to the challenger. Maybe it is due to my age (47) but I am waffling back and forth on a daily basis. I know I could flip either of them for a nice profit but I had rather let someone else have the opportunity to purchase at msrp. If price was not a factor I am curious which car members on this forum would pick. The challenger would be delivered in April and the gt-r in June so 60 days is not a factor for me.
Old 01-25-2008, 09:12 PM
Administrator

Default RE: 08 challenger srt8 or 09 nissan gt-r

what do you drive now?
Old 01-26-2008, 04:31 AM

ORIGINAL: rdk

I am fortunate to be in the #1 position on both these cars at msrp.... I am curious which car members on this forum would pick. The challenger would be delivered in April and the gt-r in June so 60 days is not a factor for me.
Challenger will not be built until probably May. You'll likely be looking at June, possibly July delivery. I personally would not even consider the gt-r (whatever that is ) Challenger all the way baby!!
Old 01-26-2008, 05:33 AM

i know the gt r is nice but i'm just not into rice. i'd feel like i had to put a fart can and body kit on it like my daughters boyfriend acura. No thx.
Old 01-26-2008, 05:42 AM

Not to upset anyone here but the GTR is anything but rice. It is a true Supercar and will run circles around our beloved Challenger without working up a sweat. That would be straight line or oval.
Old 01-26-2008, 06:30 AM

Yea, as much as I like the Challenger, I'd have to say GT-R all the way. I wouldn't even hesitate on the decision if I was in a position to buy either.
Old 01-26-2008, 06:51 AM

ORIGINAL: Paladin06

Not to upset anyone here but the GTR is anything but rice. It is a true Supercar and will run circles around our beloved Challenger without working up a sweat. That would be straight line or oval.
This is true. The GTR is anything but a teal 94' Honda Accord with 16" chrome wheels. If you're in a cold climate, the GTR is a better daily driver. And its performance is bound to be incredible. But man, the thing is not good looking. Don't get the car you think will make everyone else happy. I say go with the car you like better, and for you, that seems to be the Challenger. I don't you'll much regret your decision either way.
Old 01-26-2008, 07:14 AM
mac

You might want to consider a BMW M3 coupe. It always comes down to what you want the most in a car. I have no interest in the datsun and for the money would purchase a BMW or even a used MB SL 500 which is a hard top convertible. I for one have always enjoyed old cars and always thought if we could reproduce the shell of an older car with the modern technology, that would be the way to go.
Old 01-26-2008, 07:36 AM
Super Moderator

It looks like a Nissan 350Z. For me performance and looks is all part of it. If you are going to look bad you better have performance (hence the reason I do not want a v-6 engine). If you are going to have performance you better look good (unless you want the sleeper look).

The GT-R's looks just do not have for me. I would just soon buy a Viper on looks.

The insurance on such an expensive car would have to be out rageous and hopefully you have factored that in.

Best Wishes on your decision.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 01-26-2008, 07:42 AM

ORIGINAL: mac

I for one have always enjoyed old cars and always thought if we could reproduce the shell of an older car with the modern technology, that would be the way to go.
Isn't that basically what we're getting with the '08 - '09 Challenger?

Sorry, but regardless of the performance disparity, I STILL haven't seen anything that's ever been called a "classic/antique" Japanese car.
20 years from now, my kids will have a classic American Muscle Car to share and enjoy (if I'm not still around) when I buy my Challenger this summer and leave it to them.
20 years from now, the GT-R will be old, rusty, and impossible to get parts for - not to mention it won't be worth a bucket of fertilizer.

Just my opinion, for whatever it's worth.

Quick Reply: 08 challenger srt8 or 09 nissan gt-r