Notices
General Dodge Challenger Discussions Discuss anything related to the new Dodge Challenger within...

1st year bugs

Old 07-26-2006, 04:29 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 1st year bugs

Your right that they don't always fix all the problems in the second year, but they get rid of a lot of problems. Even the last models of a car still have errors. Happy to help, awsure.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first 426 Dual Quad member.
The first to 2000 posts

Old 07-26-2006, 04:38 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: wallstreetman

Killing Toyota? Don't make me laugh, Toyota is about to be #1 in the world in sales!
Yeah and they are going to die just as fast. They have been having one problem after another with their newer vehicles. Toyota's whole marketing attempt is built on the myth that they are the most reliable manufacturer. The transmission recalls for the Camry, engine issues with those stupid Prius, steering recalls in Japan, etc. It is going to come back and bit them. The hybrids are going to give Toyota's reputation an axing job because people have finally realized they've been tricked into an over priced piece of junk that doesn't even come close to the fuel mileage it was rated at.

The American public may not be the quickest at observing when an outlet such as Consumer Reports is full of it when they give Toyota their highest ratings, but when they have problems with their cars they are going to turn their backs on them. My reference to killing Toyota was their reputation. That is the first step. Soon they will say their own version of what GM said so foolishly. Here is a modern idea of what they would say "What is good for Toyota, is good for the World."

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first to 2000 posts

Old 07-27-2006, 09:55 AM

Every once in a while I try something besides a Toyota, I always return feeling like an idiot for leaving! I was not happy with the 98 Dakota Xtra Cab, I hope the Challenger is better quality!
Old 07-27-2006, 08:45 PM

I've had half dozen 1st year cars over the years and dont recall having anything major or recurring with any of them, including my 2005 Magnum R/T that was one of the first off the line. Four minor issues in first year that I waited until 1 year old mark to take in and issues were addressed and taken care of.
Old 07-28-2006, 09:06 AM
Administrator

what were the "minor issues", if i may?
Old 07-28-2006, 10:59 PM

rear middle shoulder seat belt stuck when pulled, rear seat back on driver side made clicking sound when going over bumps as did rear latch. thats just 3 that I remember so 4th, if one, was very minor. Best car I ever had, except my Viper of course. Plus it was free.
Old 08-02-2006, 01:09 AM

ORIGINAL: Jeremiah 29:11

ORIGINAL: awsure

My passion is pretty intact...trust me. I am super geeked about the Challenger and will absolutely have one. Thanks for the discussion...just wanted to really get some inelligent feedback
awsure......just for clarification just know that when I talk about passion, I am referring to an enthusiasm but not a boundless enthusiasm.

True passion is a boundless enthusiasm.....one that you live for and live by.......and for me that is Jesus Christ.

Hobbies is something you should enjoy but not live by. The danger is sometimes hobbies/interests can be all
consuming to the point that that is all we think about.

Priorities in life should be:

1. God - Mark 12:30 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.
2. Family- Ephesians 5:25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her
3. Friends - Luke 10:27 Love your neighbor as yourself
4. Work - Ephesians 6:7 Work with enthusiasm, as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people.
5. The rest - Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

The scripture below is what I read last night that made me write this post, so not to confuse people when I use the phrase "passion for the Challenger".

Titus 2:11-15 NIV

11For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men. 12It teaches us to say "No" to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age, 13while we wait for the blessed hope—the glorious appearing of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, 14who gave himself for us to redeem us from all wickedness and to purify for himself a people that are his very own, eager to do what is good.

15These, then, are the things you should teach. Encourage and rebuke with all authority. Do not let anyone despise you.

Amen, it is good to see people have a love for god and for cars
Old 08-02-2006, 06:44 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks.....I resemble that remark.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Old 08-04-2006, 09:13 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: wallstreetman

Every once in a while I try something besides a Toyota, I always return feeling like an idiot for leaving! I was not happy with the 98 Dakota Xtra Cab, I hope the Challenger is better quality!
DCX's quality continues to improve all the time. Our newer Chrysler products have had fewer problems. I have seen nothing but problems with Toyota. Give the Challenger a chance.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first to 2000 posts

Old 08-04-2006, 09:15 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: joeyr

ORIGINAL: Jeremiah 29:11

ORIGINAL: awsure

My passion is pretty intact...trust me. I am super geeked about the Challenger and will absolutely have one. Thanks for the discussion...just wanted to really get some inelligent feedback
awsure......just for clarification just know that when I talk about passion, I am referring to an enthusiasm but not a boundless enthusiasm.

True passion is a boundless enthusiasm.....one that you live for and live by.......and for me that is Jesus Christ.

Hobbies is something you should enjoy but not live by. The danger is sometimes hobbies/interests can be all
consuming to the point that that is all we think about.

Priorities in life should be:

1. God - Mark 12:30 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.
2. Family- Ephesians 5:25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her
3. Friends - Luke 10:27 Love your neighbor as yourself
4. Work - Ephesians 6:7 Work with enthusiasm, as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people.
5. The rest - Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

The scripture below is what I read last night that made me write this post, so not to confuse people when I use the phrase "passion for the Challenger".

Titus 2:11-15 NIV

11For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men. 12It teaches us to say "No" to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age, 13while we wait for the blessed hope—the glorious appearing of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, 14who gave himself for us to redeem us from all wickedness and to purify for himself a people that are his very own, eager to do what is good.

15These, then, are the things you should teach. Encourage and rebuke with all authority. Do not let anyone despise you.

Amen, it is good to see people have a love for god and for cars
He is indeed a great gift to this sight.

College Graduate:
B.S. in Marketing
A.A. in nothing

The first to 2000 posts

Quick Reply: 1st year bugs